Sandgroper Christmas Case 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bottle of oil will do fine Mr Goat, that knocks out a lot of the cost.

PS FES not RIS but dont let that slow you down

Page 9 and all this chatter, I thought this was the beginning of the next QLD Case Swap thread, it starts about now doesn't it ?

All I know is I have this strange urge to eat pickled eggs, deep fry things and create special photo opportunities with inebriated brewers.

6.5 kg, free range, ready to go.

IMG_4952.jpg

call me a crack head, but I am not surehow many bottle I need for the swap, is it 23, 24 or 25?

call me a crack head, but I am not surehow many bottle I need for the swap, is it 23, 24 or 25?

If I recall GL's annual address you need to grab one of each beer including your own so that would then equate to 25 :)

From the first page, B=n, where n = number of participants and B = number of bottles. Currently n=25, with a possible drop out already, but that just means the cap'n gets more beer.

My beer is delivered and ready for drinking. So what about the rest of you ? We really have to beat these QLd upstarts.We have a Better venue better brewers so = better beer. Yes ? :beerbang:
GB

To their advantage they do have a blow up sheep and bagpipes.

I guess the logical way to upstage them would be for someone to bring along a fleshlight, and a troop of morris dancers. Morris dancers are probably one of the few things I find more annoying than bloody bagpipes.

25 bottles to my place by 3 pm tomorrow. There may be drop outs, but if there is a free case available, we give it to Ant who has supplied us with beer at these events in the past. And if there are any left over after that I am sure I will think of something to do with them. Three cases are in my shed already. The label competition is looking to be hotly contested!

BTW - incase anyone is wondering, if you get an upside down label, that's a good thing. It helps with flocculation, or so I heard.

Any one needing a taxi tomorrow please pm me , will barter bottle a kilometer :p

Well I am just about to bottle now! Working out the amount of malt I need will be interesting as I have no idea how hot the fridge got to when it stopped working, also Roy must have made a blue measuring out my grain becasue this beer is a shit load paler than the last of the same recipe I made.

Anyway see you all time time between 2 and 3...

ahh the gloss of being an organised newly-web has gone quickly. Welcome back Darryn !

I'm just glad the case swap isn't until three, still trying to get get everything together.

Christmas case check
bottle of vegetable oil check
esky / ice check
party keg of dry hopped "mid strenght spacer beer" check
gift for the host check
something to deep fry..still working on that...going to try my hand at arronchini

is there enough bread crumbs / eggs to go around for the deep fried stuff?

Rob.

whoops forgot

camera for inopportune moments (e.g. incase sinkas gets drunk again and needs a cuddle.)

Back