Saison Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan79

Reaction score
hi all made my first saison on saturday using jamils recipe. i am slowly raising the temp up to 27c. once at 27c and when it reaches fg how long to i leave sit at that temp.? and how long to condition before kegging.

thanks
:D

hi all made my first saison on saturday using jamils recipe. i am slowly raising the temp up to 27c. once at 27c and when it reaches fg how long to i leave sit at that temp.? and how long to condition before kegging.

thanks
:D

G'day Alan

Once you're happy it's at FG I'd leave it for 3 or 4 days, then crash chill for a couple more (longer if you like but who can wait?) and then keg it.

Cheers

Rob

What yeast did you use ?
Wyeast Belgian yeast is notorious for stopping in the 30's...
I finally kegged my Saison yesterday...it was brewed New Years Eve....i did a double batch.
I Used Randy Mosher's recipe and i will say that alot of the advice i got from the sponsors and also fellow brewers , is to ferment hot...i did that with the second batch...no temp control at all ! The first batch statred at 22 and then at 2 weeks , i took her out of the fridge...
My OG was 1.068...
FG was 1.008...
OMG..it's going to sort the men from the boys !
How long to leave it at 27 ? Well i'd keep it hot till it finishes....mine took 5 weeks...be patient...
I'd keg and let it condition in the keg for 2-4 weeks...
I also plan on CPBF bottles once mine has done this...hopefully i can carb her up big time...
Good luck !
Cheers
Ferg

I left mine sit at 30 degrees or near enough for a week or so after FG. With the Belgian strain there really isn't anything to worry about at that temp.

I fermented mine for nearly 6 weeks (5 to FG 1 after) and bottled some champagne bottles of it. The rest of it went into a jerry to cold condition for a month before that gets kegged. Thats the usual routine with this beer and it always produces a cracker of an ale.

Mine got down to 1004 as this yeast is a beast and thanks to Melbourne's heat wave. At least having it on tap keeps me away from the bottled versions long enough for them to get a bit of time in them.

thanks guys,
i used the wyeast belgian saison. i will keep stepping up the the temp and keep it hot and see how it turns out.(hopefully not to long)

Latest posts

Back