Safeale Us56

• Thread starter bindi
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bindi

I have 4 packs of Safeale us56 and after doing a lot of searching I have found little info about it, is it the same as Wyeast 1056 and Wl 001 as some suggest , and :huh: has anyone here used it ?Thanks :)

I used it in an imperial porter - fermented quickly, dropped clear and no stuck ferment. pitched 2 packs into 30l at 1080, finished at 1022 within a week.

Apparently it is the same as 1056/wl001

Hope it's the same as 1056 - as I've just pitched 2 packets into my 100+ IBU Ruination Ale - Counting on Fg dropping below 1015 from 1080 - here's hoping :) ...

tangent said:
heaps of posts on 56
[post="104573"][/post]​
I can't seem to find them all I get is: Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. :blink:
Thanks guys I think I have enough info now from a US site www.morebeer.com
And Ross 100+ IBU :p Wow

Bindi, I searched for both us-56 and us56 and got a heap of hits. It seems that some like it, some don't. :unsure:
Cheers

i think the saf range of yeasts are great. theirs are the only dried yeasts i use for beer.
gotta keep the ales under 21C though or they start tasting nasty
56 is nice to play with, depending on what you're trying to achieve
haven't played around too much with the lager yeast other than the occasional winter brew but they've always finished well.

only 100+ :p
my highest to date was the sister recipe that came in at 120 ibu. :chug: ;)

cheers
big d

Ross loves his bitternes

Am totaly suprised he STOPPED at 100 IBU :lol:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Ross loves his bitternes

Am totaly suprised he STOPPED at 100 IBU :lol:
[post="104704"][/post]​

In theory it's 116 IBU, but I believe bitterness over the 100 mark can become quite difficult to extract... & hey, I want it drinkable :chug:

Latest posts

Back