Sabsosa Comp 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and Darren there must have been something special about your Cherry Lambic :p

congratulations to all place getting ahb members.

Steve, was that the scottish we had the pleasure of trying at wee stu's, or a different brew? Either way, well done. And Crispy definitely deserves that based solely on bulk-hop-buy mojo points.

Congratulations to everyone who received a first or place this year.

Yes- Well done to all ..

Especially Crispy and his Brewing Buddy/Neighbour Simon.

Really good to see the Mini Flocs doing well - must be all the Chiller Tuteledge Guys :beer:

Looks like they had alot of good entries and some great beers.
Wish the place getters well in the Nationals.

And with These Famous Words - " Go You Good Things!" :super:

Well done Crispy.

Must be all those hops you've got stowed away. :lol:

You Sandgropers are hiding some lager secrets by the looks of things too. :beerbang:

Good stuff Al & Asher.

Warren -

Well done to all the place getters, good showing on the AHB list too.
Cheers
Andrew

Well done Guys....

Well Done Trash Mash Al (Alan Mckinnon) - 2 firsts & a third !!!!

A third and a first for me - Good to see the Marzen (47) would have taken out best mash trophy if eligible.... :beerbang:

Asher for now

Well done Crispy. I have tasted many of his beers and he is indeed a deserving winner and great brewer.

Well done also SteveSA, dicko, the artist formely known as Pedro, Darren, Aaron, Kai, Braulaver, Asher and Al.

Good luck to those AHB brewers in the other interstate comps.

C&B
TDA

Thanks guys,

I certainly did have plenty of hops to choose from... :lol:

Congrats to SteveSA, would love to try your Scottish....if you have any left :p

and TDA, cheers mate, your Oktoberfest is a ripper.

Well done to everyone.

Cheers, :beer:

Crispy

Thanks fellas.

Congrats to all the place getters especially Crispy and fellow AHB members.

Crispy,
Top darts mate. Unfortunately I've got none of the scottish left but it'll be rebrewed shortly. In fact I think I'll add it to the Xmas case.

Kai,
The one I had at Stu's was an ESB. That one didn't last long at all but has been reborn and is being kegged this week.

TDA,
Looking forward to trying your Okky. :chug:

Steve

Well done to all - especially you place getters.

I bet the major movie studios are planning the brewing version of the "Best In Show" documentary on crispy :)

SteveSA said:
Kai,
The one I had at Stu's was an ESB. That one didn't last long at all but has been reborn and is being kegged this week.

Geez, sometimes I wonder why my memory is so bad :chug:

Happy Days :p ,

Well done to all who entered. :)

46.8 for my belgian wit, i'll have to guard that recipe :ph34r:
47 on your mazern Asher, i will be watching like a hawk next year when that one is brewed ;)

Al.

Boots said:
Well done to all - especially you place getters.

I bet the major movie studios are planning the brewing version of the "Best In Show" documentary on crispy :)
[post="77035"][/post]​

That would be even scarier than the original. Some of the judges comments would have to be censored.

Well done everyone!
I can't believe they didn't my cherry lambic. Wonder if they have any enamel left on their teeth. The guidelines said it could be intensly sour. I was.

Looks like most of the winners/place getters are using top quality imported malts though :)
cheers
darren

Sorry Darren,
I didn't like it, tdh didn't like it, the third judge didn't like it, the convenor didn't like it....
It, umm, needed some work....

A big Well Done!! to Crispy, Steve SA and the boys from WA.

Congratulations to all the other winners and place getters.

I personally am rapt with my results as this is my first entrance into the HB competitions. :)
I am all enthusiastic now but unfortunately dont have a lot of time for brewing at the moment. - Damn work!! :angry:

Cheers

West Aussies - 'keepin it real in SA' :lol:

Results are good. But feedback is even better.... The Marzen recipe I entered has evolved over the last couple of years from Pint of lager's recipe given out on Graham Sanders radio show..... feedbak from judges helped allot in refining my recipe....

Asher for now

Just uploaded an updated results sheet. Apparently there were some typos in the first sheet.

Latest posts

Back