Sabsosa 2006 - Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Doglet. Congratulation to you for "Best Brewer SA" and everyone else in the show too.

Thanks Doglet. Congratulation to you for "Best Brewer SA" and everyone else in the show too.

I'll echo that.

And, well done to you too Aaron - 3 first places is no mean achievement :super:

Congrats to everyone - especially the minimash king from WA - Ashley Hazell - looks like there's going to be some top brews coming out your new brewery set-up :super:

Cheers Ross

Well done to everyone who entered good results all round

AW :beer:

Thanks Aaron - your three first places were a highlight of the show and the amount of info you wrote when judging will be a great source of info for brewers to get even better next year.

To the WA brewers - thanks for all of your entries. Each year the quality remains the same....damn GOOD! It would be great if a WA committee could be formed to start up their own state competition. The must be more brewers in WA making fantastic beer but don't have the time or are worried about quality when sending them over to SA. I can safely say based on the results that if they are sent early enough then they have a chance to settle. In the meantime SABSOSA is more than happy to accept entries from WA to qualify for the national AABC.

Don't forget the presentation at the Holdfast Brew Pub this Sunday (17th Sept) at 11am. Hope to see you there!

Very well done to the victorious brewers. It was certainly a pleasure judging the british ale category this year, some lovely beers included.

I can't help but note the quality of the competition overall, too. There are few placegetters scoring below 40.

Hi all,
Just wondering are Western Australian brewers only permitted to enter the ANAWBS if they placed in this SABSOSA competition?

Hi all,
Just wondering are Western Australian brewers only permitted to enter the ANAWBS if they placed in this SABSOSA competition?
ANAWBS and SABSOSA/AABC are completely different competitions. Anyone can enter ANAWBS. To enter AABC you must qualify by placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your state competition. WA does not have a seperate state comp at this time so qualify through SABSOSA.

So to sepcifically answer your question no you do not have to have placed at SABSOSA to enter ANAWBS.

Hi Doglet,

Thanks to you guys for organising this well run competition and for the speedy posting of results.

Congrats to all who entered.

cheers

Darren

Thanks Darren - Mike, Trevor, Peter, Ian, Alex and myself spend the year organising the competition. Close to competition day it can get hectic confirming judges, helpers and other last minute things.....just ask Mike!

For those that attended yesterday can you please send me a PM (don't reply in this thread) with some thoughts on what we can do to continually improve the competition.

Wow. i like my beers but i didnt think they were that good!

I actually scored the highest of every one :D

If only i had any of them left to send them to the comp i qualified for.

Ash

Well done to all the winners there was a lot of good beers presented and a very high standard of the ones thta i had tried

Wow. i like my beers but i didnt think they were that good!

I actually scored the highest of every one :D

If only i had any of them left to send them to the comp i qualified for.

Ash

Well done Ash, on continuing the tradition of WA entrants teaching these South Aussies a thing or two. I am pretty sure you are allowed to rebrew the same beer to enter in the nationals if you want to.

Double check on the rules Ash. Unless it has changed, you have qualified to enter one beer in the same category you were successful in at State level.

Ash - Brew your hardest to get beers of the same category into the AABC. Next time make sure you keep a spare bottle as you deserve the chance to get your beers onto the national stage.

BTW all - The Low Alcohol category results have been resorted as a glitch got through late last night when I was publishing them. Sorry to those affected by the reshuffle.

Yes - well done to Doglet to Aaron on their top 2 finishes ...

And to all those who entered...

:super:

thanks guys!

ill have to check out what the deal is with the national comp. Any idea when it is?

Congrats to every one else.

It would have been nice to see more WA entries in the comp though.

Ash

Hey Ash,

You have done really well. That Robust porter was a beauty! I am glad to see it up near best of show.

Is it really true that 2 years in a row, a Western Australian brewer, with the first name of Ash/Asher, has cleaned up at the SA show?

cheers

Darren

Back