Rumour Mill...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Brother. Doubt we're closely related, me being a Geordie pom and all, but nice to learn of your existence.
You didn't get the BeerMasons pack I was expecting, did you? It's gone missing.
And as you live not too far away, do you know of any fairly local homebrew clubs? I'm talking potentially walking distance, or maybe a tram ride?

Pretty sure we're not related as I'm actually adopted (original surname is watt) but maybe my adopted family lines and yours share a common ancestor. Interesting nonetheless - Chris from GG did tell me there was another brewer with my surname living nearby.

I definitely didn't get your beermason's pack so hopefully they trace it or send you out another.

As for brewclubs - I've had a quick squiz but most of them seem at least a good 30-40 minutes by train or car. Some decent beer bars near us though - Bar ettiquette and Bar Fred to name a couple.

Cheers

There's also Atticus Finch a few blocks up Lygon Street that has 3 Ravens on tap...

sap.

There's also Atticus Finch a few blocks up Lygon Street that has 3 Ravens on tap...

sap.

Yes, I was going to mention Atticus Finch. The bottle shop next door, Blackhearts and Sparrows is pretty good too. Eden buys the beers, and is open to good suggestions for stock.

On the Thunder Road subject (and since 3 Ravens was mentioned) I run into Marcus Cox most nights now on my way home. He was head brewer at 3 Ravens but is now at Thunder Road. He's a good bloke and willing to share a beer and have a chat. I really hope this place does well (and would even if they were setting up on the other side of the city).

Back