• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Rubbermaid Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture please

and best offer common what are you wanting or expect to get? :blink:

a best offer from some might be 1 dollar with out a picture. :ph34r:

what are they worth new any way never really priced one and wouldnt know where to start with a best offer.

cheers delboy :beer:

I'll offer after seeing pictures :)

Can it do a 50L batch?

it can do a 50ltr batch of normal gravity beers.

i use a 36ltr Rubbermaid with a st pats ss false bottom...
i have put 15kg of grain in there before - aiming for 40ltrs of 1088 Forbidden Fruit...
Gets a bit thick....
Definately need to fly sparge with taht much grain in there.

I am doing a 40L batch this weekend in my 36L KeepCold and by my calculations it will be pretty close to the brim (hopefully not over)! I am mashing at 2.7:1 though, so its not all that thick.

Just over 8kg from memory. I have never done this much before so I am guessing on how close to the brim it will be. Just did the rough calculation and that's only 21L of mash water. So in total it won't even go over the 30L mark in the tun, which won't be an issue at all. I remember calculating that it would be pretty touch and go but it looks like there will be plenty of room, unless I am wrong about the 8kg (don't have the recipe at hand)...

8kg? TD You'll bolt it in. :)

According to Promash 8kg @ 2.7:1 LG will take a mashtun volume of 26.94 litres. You could most likely swing your cat in there as well. :lol:

Warren -

I don't know what I am banging on about! I might be thinking of another beer. Or I may have the 8kg wrong. I recently used 11kg in an American IPA that was 26L and that was getting close-ish to the top. Probably best that I stop babbling on like a mad man and just check the recipe when I get home! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back