Rowland S Howard Has Passed On

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
For those who don't know Rowland S Howard was the original guitarist in Nick cave's first band Boys next door/birthday party.

He was also a very talented musician in his own right and released several albums over the last few years, performing regularly and collaborating with other musicians such as Mick Harvey, Spencer P Jones, Lydia Lunch and members of Sonic Youth.

For those who've never heard of him he's famous for penning Shivers (covered by Screaming Jets) and lived in Melbourne.

He died today at the age of 50 of liver cancer.

I'm not normally a fan of threads about celebrities dying but he was local to me and I grew up with Nick Cave and the Birthday party. He was also more of an underrated musician than a celebrity.

link here: http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s2782892.htm

Wow. Rage postponed Rock Arena by a good 25 minutes to play some Birthday Party and Exit Everything from The 10:30 Slot. Fitting tribute, my arse!

[Edit: Just looked up. It was a typo. I SWEAR!!!]

As I said - underrated - particularly if you look at his extensive discography, his collaborations and his musical roots. I'm surprised they even gave him 25 minutes.

As I said - underrated - particularly if you look at his extensive discography, his collaborations and his musical roots. I'm surprised they even gave him 25 minutes.
i had a strange thing happen...i had a mixed cd in the stereo...and when i got to the bit in the paper about Roland S Howard passing , Nick Caves "nto your Arms'' came on the cd player...spooky...VALE Roland

Latest posts

Back