robobrew reliablility in 2019??

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birusuki

Reaction score
I have been interested in a robobrew for a while, but always held back as I heard people
having this problem or that.
I live in Japan, and the seller is not an official seller so there is no warranty to speak of. And if something did
go wrong it would all be out of my pocket, parts and shipping etc.

But it has been a few years since I was interested and things might have changed?
Same goes for the grainfather, which sounds more reliable but more dollars too. neither have a valid warranty
here in Japan. I can`t decide to continue with biab, or go robobrew/ grainfather.

Any input would help. Thanks.

The Robobrew is pretty reliable these days and just about all the components except for the main body/heating elements are available as spare parts at reasonable cost, although I don't know what the postage to Japan is like.

I have been interested in a robobrew for a while, but always held back as I heard people
having this problem or that.
I live in Japan, and the seller is not an official seller so there is no warranty to speak of. And if something did
go wrong it would all be out of my pocket, parts and shipping etc.

But it has been a few years since I was interested and things might have changed?
Same goes for the grainfather, which sounds more reliable but more dollars too. neither have a valid warranty
here in Japan. I can`t decide to continue with biab, or go robobrew/ grainfather.

Any input would help. Thanks.
I bought a Robobrew 35 and loved it so much that I sold it & bought the Robobrew 65 (keep in mind the 65 needs a 15amp power supply which I have in my shed), I have found both units to be easy and simple to use and by all reports far less problematic than Grainfather.
(see David Heath U-tube posts regarding both machines)

Also worth taking into account who David Heath works for. Hardly likely to put up any bad reviews when your employer is selling the products.
David loves his Grainfather, he may have some relationship with the manufacturer, but he did a comparison with Grainfather & Robobrew 35, and he really could see anything wrong with the Robobrew 35, he has even been in contact with Kegland and bought parts that are for the Robo to place in his Grainfather.

David loves his Grainfather, he may have some relationship with the manufacturer, but he did a comparison with Grainfather & Robobrew 35, and he really could see anything wrong with the Robobrew 35, he has even been in contact with Kegland and bought parts that are for the Robo to place in his Grainfather.
Not the manufacturer the wholesaler he works for in Norway.
https://www.olbrygging.no/bryggeutstyr

I have a robo 3.0 I mash with it and sparge , then transfer to my keggle it has a 3600 watt and a 2200 watt elements .
I boil and chill or no chill ( hot cube )
I have mashed 85 plus brews now and no issues.

I have a Robo 3.1
It has preformed flawlessly for 12 brews. I would highly recommend
Much easier and consistant than BIAB plus greater efficiency

Although I have not needed support I would only buy a system with some local support if possible.

Back