Retailers mark up and what is a fair hit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed Smurto boasting about a Kg of D Saaz, so someone's selling it...

wbosher said:
My airlock is not bubbling, what should I do?
Better check you added wort to your yeast starter.
Alternatively, strangle a puppy or two.

Again, I said a Music retailer in Australia (that went under) was ripping people off. Ross infered I was refering to him when I commented about NZ hops. Which I was wrong about - the hop board telling me to go to CB had me thinking they had the monopoly.

I don't think Aussie retailers are ripping people off. Some products are available elsewhere cheaper - that's all.

red letter day... bookmarked so I can read it every so often

Nick JD said:
Which I was wrong about

I don't think Aussie retailers are ripping people off. Some products are available elsewhere cheaper - that's all.

Nick JD said:
I question whether it was even B Saaz. Probably Summer Saaz.
no

ed: ask the previously linked thread... there are some people in there that know what hops are what. I cant be arsed convincing you.

I'd be great if you could let everyone know where you buy cheap NZ hops in bulk.

But if you don't want to then everyone can make their minds up about your motives for keeping it to yourself themselves.

Me, I can't see any reason why you'd not want to let people know. Except dickhead reasons.

was a very limited supply as you would know if you took the time to read even the first few posts...

but may I just add that yet again you are wrong.. I saw the stamp on the foil myself. Not Summer S.

I also have a packet of Summer S... would you like I open them both and compare?

No, sorry, I dont cater to dickhead reasoning...

There was 5kg of riwaka on ebay maybe thats where he got it???

Gryphon Brewing said:
You bloody Kiwis would just jump the fence and steal it :beer:
and my thongs, What is it with you blokes and thongs ?
Nev
I saw a kiwi the other day wearing just one thong
I said to him, hey mate ya lost a thong
He said, Na just found one!

Nick JD said:
I'd be great if you could let everyone know where you buy cheap NZ hops in bulk. But if you don't want to then everyone can make their minds up about your motives for keeping it to yourself themselves. Me, I can't see any reason why you'd not want to let people know. Except dickhead reasons.
He came across a limited supply, advertised it here and split the whole supply at cost to interested parties. A mini bulk buy, essentially. What motives are you questioning?

I want to find a place that sells NZ hops at a price lower than $45 a pound.

Not interested in someone finding a couple of pounds on ebay. I thought he had an actual retail source.

At the start of the harvest, who sells NZ hop varieties in pounds? Craftbrewer sells them in pounds, but the discount is feeble for the volume.

I get that. It has nothing to do with the motives of someone distributing rare/hard to get hops for no profit.
I realise you and yob aren't internet friends but casting aspersions on his motives is a really long shot. Read the relevant thread.

Back