Researching Ag Setup Equipment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two questions, how big a batch can i make with a 40 liter s/s boiler, thats using the 3 v method, also i am curious as to why dont the major brewers use a biab method ,it seems easier but there must be a commercial reason for it, is there more control with a 3v system,

fergi

Assuming a litre or two for trub, 15% evaporation, 5% expansion of liquid - I would say a 40L SS boiler could produce no more than 30L Into the fermenter.

BIAB is incredibly space efficient but could you imagine the size of bag you would need to a brew 2000L batch (a small-medium microbrewery)? How strong the bag would need to be? Or the equipment needed to lift it out? :) it just makes more sense to use a few, strong, stainless vessels...

Is BIAB efficient in terms of extraction? Bribie?

two questions, how big a batch can i make with a 40 liter s/s boiler, thats using the 3 v method, also i am curious as to why dont the major brewers use a biab method ,it seems easier but there must be a commercial reason for it, is there more control with a 3v system,

fergi
You mean major breweries like CUB? I thought they used mash filters which is like BIAB on roids.

Back