Report: Yeast Effect On Beer Taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I reckon about 5-8 weeks from pitching these are at their best. Gives me an excuse to empty any APA kegs real fast, I would hate those nice hop flavours to evapourate :D

WEll it seems that the APA made with the American Ale II yeast scored 3rd in the Qld State Homebrew Championships.

Snow told me today that they the beer scored so well that they warmed it up to detect faults, and could detect some acetyl flavours.

I just read this on craftbrewer by G Sanders - i wonder if this is the beer?
"A particlularly nice and agressive American Pale Ale we had was near perfect, but on warming we could detect a strong solvent (nail polish) note that was hidden by all that Cascade"

You suggesting he shouldn't hold his acrylic nails too close to the flame while heating a beer(??????) or get his nails done a few days before so they're not so fresh and interfere with the aroma and flavour??

Or just leave them till the juding is finished.

This'll get back !!!! B) ;) B)

jgriffin said:
WEll it seems that the APA made with the American Ale II yeast scored 3rd in the Qld State Homebrew Championships.

Snow told me today that they the beer scored so well that they warmed it up to detect faults, and could detect some acetyl flavours.

I just read this on craftbrewer by G Sanders - i wonder if this is the beer?
"A particlularly nice and agressive American Pale Ale we had was near perfect, but on warming we could detect a strong solvent (nail polish) note that was hidden by all that Cascade"
Well done guys, good to see. Pity I turned up late on brew day or I could claim some small amount of credit :lol:

Latest posts

Back