Replacing Thermostat In Frezzer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlegger

Reaction score
Hi , i have just started pulling my freezer apart to convert it to a fridge, i have unwired the thermostat controller, however the silver tube that goes up into the freezer plate is stuck or caught on something? I have not tried to pull it too hard just in case i break it? Can i just yank it out? Or can i cut it? or do i have to pul the freezer apart from the inside out?3

Help! :(

I used one of these. How much was the thermostat?

http://www.homebru.com.au/index.php?main_p...products_id=853
thermo_fridge.jpg

Hi Pete, that might look the go, i was just going to go down to the local fridge repair shop with my old thermostat and ask for a like-for-like fridge thermostat. My problem at the moment is removing the old one.

If i cant get a replacement from my fridge man, i might invest in one of those!

Which ever way you go, good luck to you and making beer. Beer is the real winner at the end of the day. :beerbang:

Which ever way you go, good luck to you and making beer. Beer is the real winner at the end of the day. :beerbang:

Amen! to that.

Well, i got the thermostat out (got impatient and just yanked it out. No harm done.) Took it down the local fridge repair shop. Typical small town service unfortunatley and no solution (just rolled the eyes and said i wouldnt be able to wire up a different one anyway because im not a sparky). Anyone got any ideas where i can get a thermostat from? This is the thermostat i have......

DSCF0137.jpg

I would suggest sticking the thermostat back in, and then buying a Fridgemate (from one of the sponsors at top of page) to regulate the freezer temp.

I've got nothing. I bought that thing cos I was slack.

You've got 3 places by the looks of things.

Kalgoorlie Electronics‎- more info
395 Hannan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430‎ - (08) 9021 1420‎

Dick Smith Electronics‎- more info
34 Wilson St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430‎ - (08) 9091 8550‎

Kalgoorlie Retravision‎- more info
10 Federal Road, Kalgoorlie WA 6430‎ - (08) 9021 3161‎

I'm not sure what else you could get locally. I've only been to Kal for work about 2 years ago.

I would suggest sticking the thermostat back in, and then buying a Fridgemate (from one of the sponsors at top of page) to regulate the freezer temp.

+1

Amen! to that.

Well, i got the thermostat out (got impatient and just yanked it out. No harm done.) Took it down the local fridge repair shop. Typical small town service unfortunatley and no solution (just rolled the eyes and said i wouldnt be able to wire up a different one anyway because im not a sparky). Anyone got any ideas where i can get a thermostat from? This is the thermostat i have......

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turn-a-Freezer-into-a-Fridge-Thermostat-Kegerator-Solar_W0QQitemZ160372777342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Barware?hash=item2556f6617e ://http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turn-a-Freez...item2556f6617e

Latest posts

Back