repitch or ditch?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocker1986 said:
The CPA kit comes with a mixture of ale and lager yeast, perhaps that's why it finishes lower.
Also. It changes too. Different years, Seasonal whatever etc. The last brew had a sulfur like lager like smell that I haven't got from the ale yeast usually.
Still good results though.

Danscraftbeer said:
Also. It changes too. Different years, Seasonal whatever etc. The last brew had a sulfur like lager like smell that I haven't got from the ale yeast usually.
Still good results though.
The kit yeast in the CPA tin is always a mixture of ale and lager yeast, I guess it's 50/50. I don't know whether they change the strain of the lager portion of the mix or not. But yeah I always got good results with it too.

BradG said:
Does Windsor yeast have the same 1020 problem? My red ale (didn't turn out very red by the way) was at 18c for a week, once bubbles stopped raised to 21c for another week. I bottled anyway assuming it was finished. Have left the hydrometer in the test tube and it is still at 1020 after another 10 days (although at 12c ambient)
Sounds very dangerous.

I assume your bottles are at 12C too? You could have bottle bombs shortly, particularly if it warms up.

Yes glass, yes 12c.
I going to put them in one of those cheap plastic tubs with lid from bunnies.

Just remember it's your face.
Hydrometer, not bubbles, knowledge not assumption.
Signed
Grandad

Latest posts

Back