Regulator Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cozmocracker

Reaction score
The question is, co2 bottle with regulator in the fridge or not. Your meant to keep moisture away from the regulator, dont you risk exposing the regulator to moisture in the fridge? i know heaps of people do it but before i do i want to know the risks or precautions to take.

i am thinking of putting the c02 in the fridge because i dont want to make any holes in the fridge yet.

thanks cozmo

My money is on 'Outside', for no one compelling reason.

I get more space for consumables in the fridge and everything is a bit neater inside. I hadn't considered moisture affecting the regulator.

My fridge (an Electrolux gas/electric fridge/freezer) has a hole in the rear for the condensation out. I used that as my entry point for the gas line.

The question is, co2 bottle with regulator in the fridge or not. Your meant to keep moisture away from the regulator, dont you risk exposing the regulator to moisture in the fridge? i know heaps of people do it but before i do i want to know the risks or precautions to take.

i am thinking of putting the c02 in the fridge because i dont want to make any holes in the fridge yet.

thanks cozmo

Anyone else???? Is it ok to put the reg in the fridge/

Cheers Brad

I've had my entire regulator in a bucket of water looking for leaks, so I cant see the fridge is going to do it any harm.

Cheers,
Jake

Back