Refreshing Keezer - Some questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo__04

Reaction score
Hey all,

About to get back into brewing/kegging after about 12 months off.

Stripped the brewing rig down, cleaned everything now working on the kegerator.

Replaced all the gas lines, and am about to replace all the beer lines.

I have all perlick 650ss flow control taps, How much beer line should i be using if i have flow control?
Does it matter?

I probably had around a meter previously.
I run the keezer at 2 degrees.

Also I have problems over summer with the beer lines warming up quite quickly as i have a 4 tap font on top of the keezer.

Does beer line length affect this?

Without flooding the font, is the only decent way of cooling it down to put a fan and pipe up into the font?

Thanks all, looking forward to getting back up and running again!

Not an expert by any means, but I've researched this fontor tower in the heat issue and it appears as though a home made box for sending up cold air from the fridge is a viable alternative to flooding the font.

Once I actually get around to doing it, I'll post a howto on it.

Thoughts anyone on the beer line length with flow control taps?

Will be replacing these tonight.

I don't have a keezer but run a keg king kegerator with the same perlick taps with 2m of line to each tap,

as for the flow control i usually run keg pressure at 10psi and the taps are only slightly gagged shut maybe 80%,

if i close the taps too much i get excessive foaming.

Neo, I'm no expert either but I'd just use the shortest length you need to get from A to B and see how it goes with flow control adjustment.

I've read both opinions (doesn't matter at all / need XX length) and initially used a set length on mine. I then switched to short lines to neaten things up and it seemed to make very little difference - if there was any difference it was smoothed with flow control adjustment.

Then if short doesn't work you can try going longer...

Latest posts

Back