Refilling Co2 Cylinders In Toowoomba Or Darling Downs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiefbacon

Reaction score
hi guys
I bought one of the cheap co2 cylinders of ebay it is a keg king brand bottle and has just run out and need to find someone to refill it was hoping someone in the area could help out i live in dalby. Bad time to run out just got hme from two weeks of work and its empty :angry:

cheers

You may not have much luck. Not sure what is in Dalby, but the homebrew shop in Toowoomba (the only place I know of that does C02 refills) will only refill Air liquide cylinders.

oh and my bad... its Air Up they refill... not Air Liquide

hi mate, being in dalby i'd ring peter from toowoomba home brew and ask first before the drive. they are the only refiller on the downs. gatton does refills but it is extra kms. he might not as it is the keg king. i have an old bottle 1kg (luxfer) brand and have no worries getting it filled. maybe try a fire extinguisher mob. hope you have luck.

Where abouts in Gatton can I get a cylinder refilled. I have doubts about the local supplier. I am often in Gatton. Will they fill an airup cylinder?

Ok I have driven past that place often thinking I should stop for a look but never have. The shop in TMBA is where I bought my bottle and I paid $380 for a 4.5kg bottle which I felt was way overpriced and then when I had the bottle refilled I noticed the gauge didnt go as high as it did when I first purchased the bottle. Based upon the number of kegs I get out of a bottle as opposed to the number when I first bought it I feel I am getting underfull refills. I dont like to complain but would like an alternative supplier to try.

funny you say that my keg numbers have varied at times

Yeah I didnt want to acuse anyone without facts. I weigh my bottle now and reckon it is underfilled each time but would like to go elsewhere to compare. My first lot of kegging lasted 18 kegs and I have never matched that but I must admit I have had leaks in that time but now I leave my bottle turned off to avoid losing gas. I may try the place in Gatton and see what they charge and how full they fill it.

Hey guys
Thanks for suggestions went to Toowoomba home brewers just now and got it filled and it was $75 for a 6kg bottle refill
Is this around the right price others are paying seems a bit pricey to me not sure tho
Thanks
Bacon

Hey guys
Thanks for suggestions went to Toowoomba home brewers just now and got it filled and it was $75 for a 6kg bottle refill
Is this around the right price others are paying seems a bit pricey to me not sure tho
Thanks
Bacon

hi mate, glad you had luck. that price is a bit over the top but as they are the only refillers they have the market up here. i think brisbane is only $7/8 kg.

Local HBS is the only place other than BOC to get CO2 in Twmba.
Apparently even BOC ship to fill.
$25 to fill the small bottle.
Best price in town, only filler in town. Easy decision. You can't drive to gatton from dalby & beat those prices + travel.

They stock 'keg on legs' but will fill any AS certified bottle (ebays might have a problem)

Local HBS is the only place other than BOC to get CO2 in Twmba.
Apparently even BOC ship to fill.
$25 to fill the small bottle.
Best price in town, only filler in town. Easy decision. You can't drive to gatton from dalby & beat those prices + travel.

They stock 'keg on legs' but will fill any AS certified bottle (ebays might have a problem)
I fill mine at an iron and welding supply store. If you throw the HBS name on something , double the price tag.

Also; gauge could say anything depending on the temp and atmospheric pressure.
Not a definate scale unless that is factored in.

25 bucks a fill for about 6 months use & convenience of walk in & fill- it's a no brainer
Mate of mine went the BOC rental.
Spends more in rent per year than I do in gas

I just did my first refill on my Keg-King 2.6kg bottle.
I called the Toowoomba HBS first and he didn't have any problem whatsoever when I mentioned it was a Keg King bottle.
Quick refill for $25. I forgot to weigh the bottle beforehand, but I weighed it after the refill and made a note, will check when it's empty next to see how much they put in.
I got through 12 kegs before it emptied, and sadly, it emptied from a small leak - one of my gas in posts had an old O'ring with cracks in it, fount the leak by spraying soapy water all over everything when I reconnected the gas.

12 Kegs from one 2.6kg bottle seems like a lot.
I have 3 kegs, one of them is a 10L and the other two are 19L.
4 of them were the 10L keg.
8 of the 19L.
All of them force carbed, the last 2 or so I didn't bother burping out the O2 and the beer tasted just as good. So I'm over the burping, waste of gas IMHO.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back