Redskin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
G'day All,

Many years ago there used to be a liquid plastic product called Redskin. It was used, amongst other things, to seal & insulate small electrical wiring jobs etc. It really was good stuff & had heaps of other uses. :beerbang:
A quick Google has revealed nothing so I can only assume that it is not on the market any more.
Does anyone know of a similar product on sale at the moment? Any help appreciated.

:beer:

Try "liquid plastic" in google

Not sure if its the same stuff but try the name 'loctite'

Plasti-dip?

I have seen another similar product called Liquid Electrical tape, but that was brush on I think.

Plasti Dip is what I need blackbock. :) Linky
Looks like it's food-grade too.

Are you sure? I couldn't download the MSDS, but the stuff I saw had a huge warning on the label. Something about Californian law and harming foetus's :unsure:

Are you sure? I couldn't download the MSDS, but the stuff I saw had a huge warning on the label. Something about Californian law and harming foetus's :unsure:

Why would anyone want to coat a foetus in plastic???? :blink:

downloaded the technical data sheet ---- Here & it states that it's good for food-grade barrels & underground tanks, so I presume it's safe enough for our purposes? Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

:beer:

Add to that the Californian propensity to require everything to be demonstrated safe before they remove a label, and you get the drift. If it meets European standards, it will be fine - they tend to have their heads screwed on a bit tighter.

The wonderful irony of Cali over-regulation is that the air in LA would probably be the most carcinogenic, mutagenic, teratogenic (etc, etc) substance within the state. ;)

Latest posts

Back