Red Angus Clone - Any Thoughts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjhansford

Reaction score
It's raining in Toowoomba today ... so it's brew day!

Tried the Red Angus Pilsner a couple of weeks ago and while it's not really a pilsner IMHO ... it was an interesting beer so I thought I'd try to clone it today.

The website says the grain bill is just wheat malt and carapils (although the brewer says he used german pilsner grain as well, all of which I have in stock. The only info on the hops comes from a podcast on the site where the head brewer says he used "new world" hops, and cites "New Zealand Nelson Sauvin". Later he says he also uses German hops. On tasting I couldn't really get a handle on the hop profile ... which makes it an interesting beer to clone. Google came up with nothing.

So ... over to you ... any thoughts on cloning Red Angus Pils?

0f5931790a.jpg

:icon_cheers: ghhb

I haven't had one of these for quite some time, but I recall thinking it had a similar hop profile to Bright Ale when it warmed up a little... Maybe Saaz B.

When I first tried it at a beer fest, probably a couple of years ago, I recall the guy at the stand saying they used Saaz. The recipe may have changed since then.

Latest posts

Back