recommendations for melbourne, good beer + good steaks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedric

Reaction score
we have a group going over for the super rugby weekend at AAMI tomorrow.

most of them enjoy a decent/interesting pint in a interesting venue with half decent food(food optional:)).
we've not been to melbourne for a while due to obv circumstances.
young & jacksons will probably be visited, any other new exciting venues?
TIA
PS a good steakhouse recommendation would also be appreciated.

Black n Tan on this forum opened Nice Guys Brewery in Richmond. I'm on the other side of town and haven't had the pleasure of visiting but it looks really good. Google says it's a half hour walk or short cab ride from AAMI Park.
Nice Guys Is Victoria Street's New 70s-Inspired Microbrewery and Taproom

There's also plenty of restaurants, pubs and bars in Richmond between Nice Guys and AAMI along Bridge Road (where Nice Guys is) and Swan St if you want to make a crawl of it to or from the game. The London Tavern on Lennox St (between Bridge Rd and Swan St) has good pub food if that's what you're after (but I'm sure Nice Guys has better beer).

Mountain Goat (haven't been there for more than 10 years) and Burnley Brewing (never been there) are also in the area.

In the CBD (well across the river) is Hopscotch on Southbank, which does well with a good range of beers, but so do plenty of other bars.

I'm guessing you plan to stay central, but if you do get out of the CBD and inner east it's worth checking out Hop Nation in Footscray and Bonehead in Kensington. And well dozens of others too.

Melbourne is well and truly back to life so you won't struggle wherever you end up

Back