Recommend me some scales...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
I have one for hops and brewing salts, one for grain and water. The weight ranges are quite different and I figure you'll get better accuracy on the low end if you don't ask a bigger scale to do both jobs. You can get both delivered for a pineapple.

Edit: Boy, you get distracted and everyone chimes in ;)
thanks for the suggestions. Just wondering if you have done any checks on accuracy with any known quantities? It says "accuracy: 0.01" but I think they mean precision.

They mean precision for sure. I did check the hop scale with 2, 5 and 20 gram weights and accuracy was within 0.03g. Happy with that, for sure!

A syringe with water should be good for testing the accuracy and precision on the low end.

Mardoo said:
They mean precision for sure. I did check the hop scale with 2, 5 and 20 gram weights and accuracy was within 0.03g. Happy with that, for sure!
yeah that's good enough for me!

also have a set of calibration weights

5eza7p.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions Ebay but I won't be needing any of these...

suggestions.jpg

I swear we must all be on some watch list, magnetic stirrers, high-precision scales, conical flasks, pH meters...

timmi9191 said:

AND NOW MY MOTHER IN LAW KNOWS WHAT TO TELL MY SECRET SANTA TO GET ME FOR CHRISTMAS

Just be aware that the 40kg scale has a minimum of 200g.

I've got the 40KG/1g scales linked earlier in the thread and have no complaints.

I will be measuring water from now on...genius!

Back