RecipeDB - New Age Aussie Wheat Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the clarity like Tony? Does it still have the hazy wheat appearance, or did the US05 drop the beer out clear?

I snap chilled it to 4 deg and ran throuh my filter.

clear enough?

Aussie_Wheat_Beer__832_x_1248_.jpg

to add the the above post.

A wheat beer should be clear! Its cloudy from the yeast mixed in.

I have never had haze from wheat. I make 70% wheat beers and they end up bright clear.......... as they should.

this one was no different

I love that glass.

I got it from Belgium off evilbay.

My surname is Moy!

love it!

I snap chilled it to 4 deg and ran throuh my filter.

clear enough?

Looks fantastic. Another great recipe added to the dB, will be on my short list to brew for summer.
Cheers :icon_cheers:

anyone knocked one of these out yet?

I would be interested to know how it went.

cheers

Yeah T I have but it's still in the fermenter. I should be kegging it last next week (fingers crossed). I tastes sensational BTW but the verdict will have to wait till she's in the keg and carbed up.

Cheers

Chappo

Tony mine is in the keg, should have a glass by Sunday.I didn't run mine through the filter,I just used gelatine for this one.I didn't know wheat beers were suposed to be filtered but I will next time.

Andrew

Tony mine is in the keg, should have a glass by Sunday.I didn't run mine through the filter,I just used gelatine for this one.I didn't know wheat beers were suposed to be filtered but I will next time.

Andrew

Andrew
I think you might have misread tonys intent....when he said wheats should be clear, he (at least I interpreted it this way) meant haze free. They can be served cloudy, but that is from the yeast being deliverately in suspension....the beer itself, if left to settle, should be able to drop bright without haze. In this case though, it would be better to drop the yeast out as well, because it is us05, so it's lacking the character that a wheat yeast brings to the party.

(at least that's my interpretation of Tonys intent...correct me if I'm misinterpreting you, big T ;) )

I took a picture last night.Tastes nice but was flat,I'll leave it for another week for it to settle down.Yeah I miss read the post from Tony I'll put my glasses on next time.lol

DSC_1081.jpg

I took a picture last night.Tastes nice but was flat,I'll leave it for another week for it to settle down.Yeah I miss read the post from Tony I'll put my glasses on next time.lol

Patience can be a virtue....by that time, not only will the carb be up, but it should have dropped crystal clear as well.

like your font by the way...shiny shiny.

It's a cracker Tony. :beerbang:

Not completely what I was expecting from a wheatie, I think the S05 strips a fair bit out of it but all the same a thoroughly enjoyable drop. B Sazz really shone thru and it's quite a light dry quaffable session beer. Once again I've become a fan of one of your recipe Tony. I cc and filtered it as well if I ever remember I will take a photo tonight for ya it's bringt as bright can be.

Chappo

Must have missed this interesting thread somehow Tony but will make amends by having a go at this ASAP. Looks really nice although I am too mean to get a filter.
More money for Ross as I need flowers not pellets to make this one just that little better than my usual. Hope he appreciates my contributions to his US trip? :lol:

TP

:D Glad it came up trumps Chappo.

Its not going to have the flavours or texture of a traditional wheat beer. All that character comes from the yeast.

This is made with a clean yeast to bring out different flavours. Thats why its a "New Age Aussie Wheat" :)

This beer was ment to showcase the crisp dry quenching finnish you get from wheat malt and i think this also helps the hops to shine a bit more.

My keg is almost dry and i will mourn the last glass i can tell ya!

cheers

I HATE! wheat beer but this looks like a beer I could like.

:D Glad it came up trumps Chappo.

Its not going to have the flavours or texture of a traditional wheat beer. All that character comes from the yeast.

This is made with a clean yeast to bring out different flavours. Thats why its a "New Age Aussie Wheat" :)

This beer was ment to showcase the crisp dry quenching finnish you get from wheat malt and i think this also helps the hops to shine a bit more.

My keg is almost dry and i will mourn the last glass i can tell ya!

cheers
Couldn't have said it better myself Tony. Yes I guess my brain was expecting wheat beer but it ain't. I was expecting more bready malty flavours but neither that. Certainly does make the hops shine.

I HATE! wheat beer but this looks like a beer I could like.

Katie you'll love this one if your a Critters fan.

Back