RecipeDB - Limeage to the beer gods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Coleman

Reaction score

Limeage to the beer gods

Lager - American Premium Lager
Extract
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

I made this for my friends and family as they don't appreciate a good belgium beer the way i do!

Well it turned out fantastic just use the amount of lime as a variable when making it because it's very strong the way i make my extracts! (plus feel free to chuck in orange zest/juice with yours as a replacement or lemon, or any citrus really)

1 Can Coopers Mexican Cerveza (great for corona clones)
500g Rice Malt (syrup
250g DME
1kg Dextrose
Saflager yeast s-23 will do but w34/70 if you want it even drier

1, 1 1/2, or 2 limes depending on how much you like the stuff (trust me its powerful!). I recomend trying it with only one lime first and you'd be surprised as the beer hasn't got any strong flavours so this becomes very dominant. Zest the limes by using a small grater to take off the skin, then juice them until there is nothing but the white inner skin bits left, pour this all into a small (steralized) stubbie and fill 1/3 with cheap triple sec (can get for $12 at dan murphy), shake vigurously and then cap the bottle! The longer you've had this extract going for the better it will get, i usually do mine for about 2 months but a 3 weeks minimum i rekon. Add lime extract to secondary, just tip all the liquid in from the bottle and then add purified water back into the bottle once or twice, shake and then pour that liquid into the ferment.

Btw OG was 1.05 and FG was 1.007 so 6.2 - 6.6% alcohol volume

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
1.7 kg Coopers LME - Light
1 kg Dextrose
0.5 kg Rice Syrup
0.25 kg Generic DME - Light

Yeast

11.5 g DCL Yeast S-23 - SafLager West European Lager

Misc

lemon (juice and zest)
1 g Irish Moss