RecipeDB - Landlord Tribute

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon that the OG shld be about 1042-1046 highest and fg should be low and no higher than 1013 (1010-1012 preferred) as it has a dry finish and little residual sweetness (so wy1968 and wlp002 so not be used).

Very nice bitter with a firm earthy bitterness and some refreshing hop aroma. I think the kettle additions of EKG and styrian may not be alot, so i think it should not be above an ounce for a 5-6 gallon batch.

I don't know how the recipe db calculates FG but it's wrong. My version hit 1012, no dramas.

I can't cope with ounces and gallons.

Brewing this one up again tomorrow. My first attempt at caramelising wort wasn't so good. I was afraid of burning it so kept the heat low, it never got to the caramel stage. My second attempt should be better.

Manticle,
Just so I am sure about something, you added 3gms of calcium chloride and 3gms of calcium sulphate directly to the mash, and then the same again added directly to the boil?
Cheers

Probably way too late but I'm sorry - I missed it earlier.

Yes, that is exactly what I do with my water additions. I preheat my mash tun with 2 litres boiling water so mash additions go in there.

Back