Recipe Ideas Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigo

Reaction score
I have a coopers dark ale and pale ale kit i want to do a two can brew i also have amarillo hops and galaxy hops just wondering if any one has a good recipe i can use with these ingredients any help would be appreciated.

If I were you I would chuck the cans in together, do a small mini boil for 10 mins with 15g of amarillo and 10g of galaxy in some DME. Mix it all up to 23l. 4 days into the ferment, 25g of amarillo dry hopped. Should be a cracker.

If I were you I would chuck the cans in together, do a small mini boil for 10 mins with 15g of amarillo and 10g of galaxy in some DME. Mix it all up to 23l. 4 days into the ferment, 25g of amarillo dry hopped. Should be a cracker.

thanks mate i will give that a go.

I have a coopers dark ale and pale ale kit i want to do a two can brew i also have amarillo hops and galaxy hops just wondering if any one has a good recipe i can use with these ingredients any help would be appreciated.

Given the hops you have, you're probably looking at an American IPA. I just chucked your stuff in IanH's kit spreadsheet. May need to add some more malt (dried or liquid) and/or Dex to get the Alcohol up a little. I couldn't comment on flavour though. Never combined those kits before.

Do a small boil and add a decent whack of both hops at say 15mins perhaps to up it 10 more IBUs (60 or more total) and dry hop some too, say 15g of each hop. If you can get hold of a small amount of choc malt or carafa you could aim for a Black IPA. Check out the spreadsheet and see what you come out with.

I don't think you are going to find a 'recipe' tat has those 2 kits in it.

ou are entering uncharted territory and that's part of the great attraction of home brewing for
those game enough to go there. Your could discover the holy grail, or just make something great
to drink.

As long as you stick to good quality ingredients, malts, hops and yeast, you shouldn't get something
totally undrinkable, though I got close once with an attempt at a Bock.

I'd be adding at least 500g of dry malt, maybe even a full can of liquid extract; and
keep the boil down to 15 min max, you already have plenty of bitterness in those 2 cans.

Whatever you decide, you're on the way to a fairly decent beer.

Back