Recipe Idea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alimac23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to use up some supplies that i already have and was wondering whether someone might be able to point me in the direction or an idea for a recipe using this lot:

1 x Black rock ultra light tin 1.7kg
2 x Black Rock amber tins 1.5kg each
1 x Black rock wheat tin 1.5kg
100g cascade
500g cararoma
500g dex
250g carapils

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

How about a Cascade version of Dr Smurto's Golden Ale?

250gm Caraaroma (steeped for 30m)
1.7kg Black rock ultra light
1.5kg Black rock wheat
25gm Cascade @ 60
30gm Cascade @ 20
30gm Cascade @ 0
US-05 fermented at 18C

Do it up to 21 litres, you should end up with a 5.3% (bottled) beer, with an OG/FG of 1049/1012, around 32 IBU depending on the AA% of your Cascade. You could even dry hop it with your last 15gm of Cascade for a few days before bottling.
EDIT: I reckon it'd be pretty good with one of those tins of Amber LME in place of the ultra light too. But if it's only 1.5kg instead of the ultra light's 1.7kg, drop your recipe to 20 litres, and change the 20m Cascade to 25 grams to maintain the abv and IBU (unless you want something slighter lower in alcohol/higher in IBU)

Thanks Carnie, that sounds like an awesome recipe, i'll put this one down early next week and report back on the findings in a month or so.

OK so i put this one down last night, i ended up using all 100g of hops, i added another 15gm addition @40 mins.

The brewing room smelt amazing this morning, i'm looking forward to trying this one.

GOLD. Gonna be nice and hoppy with that extra 15g at 40 minutes, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that....I wish I could try one myself! I'm an ex-Duncraig boy (even spent time in the Pilbara), so always happy to help a fellow Sandgroper.

Haha thanks Carnie, i'm from Padbury myself so right next door to your old stomping ground!

Looking forward to trying one of these, its smelling bloody awesome!

Back