Recipe Advice - Amber Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNU

Reaction score
Hi Team,

Looking to put down an Amber Ale this weekend, with the intention of getting to know the hop citra. Any advice welcome.

Batch Size 23L
Boil 5L

Liquid AME 1.5kg
Liquid LME 1.5kg
Dry LME 500g
Light Crystal 200g
Citra 85g
US-05
Steep crystal for 30mins at 67 degrees in 3litre of water
Remove grain, add 2 litre, dissolve DME and bring to boil

15g @ 30mins
20g @ 15mins
20g @ 10mins

Ferment at 18 degrees for 2 weeks
Dry Hop 30g

Citra hops makes an awesome single hop brew obviously it will be a little one dimensional but delicious all the same, recipe looks great ,Ive done a very similar brew for my first extract and it was a success. Only real difference is I had a 60min bittering addition. What IBUs will you end up with or want?

Ian's spreadsheet suggested ibu of 35. Unsure of how much I want to increase it

Make sure you turn on the hop concentration factor to get an accurate IBU count as your currently only around 30ibus

I'd bump all your additions up to 25 grams if it were me as you'll have a bit of sweetness from the crystal and amber malt extract. This will get your IBUs up to around 43 which I think would suit. But I like my hoppy beers pushing into the IPA territory

Each to their own though!

Your quite right, I forgot to flick that on. Will up the boil time of he first addition and increase all quantities. Thanks

Latest posts

Back