Re-using 5l Mini Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
found these bungs and this website...

http://minikeg.net.au/new-products.php?temp=8

was wondering if anyone's used em?

i've heard that the Bitburger kegs have a bunghole in em already, whereas Heineken you have to drill....

i'll have to venture into a retail outlet (shock horror) and buy a mini keg! buying beer eek!

anyone used/got the various type mini kegs hanging around can take some pics and post?

i reckon for the price of the bung they're worth a shot, i'm just assuming you can pour them gravity feed?

lots of investigation to be done!

yeah but i'm a diy'er

and not to take anything away from Old Fart... i haven't asked his prices, but those other bungs at $1.60 seem pretty good and then i can make my own gas line in etc..

when Emu bitter and Swan draught did a promo in the Bitburger style kegs My bro used to just pop the bung out fill, prim, replace the bung and condition. They gravity serve and the bung had a valve in them that let air in so pretty much had to be consumed in one day. Play around with head space, if you leave too much your beer will be flat, too little and I guess you possibly could pop the keg. He did have one that domed the base.

Just looked at link of party star get up. My brother used to serve out the standard tap on the front. and re use the same bung. As I mentioned the bung in the kegs from the bottle have a little valve you open to serve and close in between to slow down your beer going flat.

Latest posts

Back