Raising Keg Temp From Lagering Temp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clifftiger

Reaction score
I have a keg of pilsener in the fridge lagering for past 6 weeks which I am not ready to tap yet. I want to raise the temp of the fridge to about 10-12C to ferment another batch.

Are there likely to be any affects of raising the temp for a few weeks, and then back down again before gassing up and tapping?

Cliff

I have a keg of pilsener in the fridge lagering for past 6 weeks which I am not ready to tap yet. I want to raise the temp of the fridge to about 10-12C to ferment another batch.

Are there likely to be any affects of raising the temp for a few weeks, and then back down again before gassing up and tapping?

Cliff

Bumping. Was going to ask the same thing - will raising temps affect the keg/brew?

Once I run out of fridge space when lagering, I just sit the kegs in the shed. I haven't found anything bad happen, but that's not to say there isn't some effect. They get warmer for sure, but not as if they are in the direct heat of the sun.

Do it! :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back