Quick filter question..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidjosh

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just thought I would run this one by you,

I have read that to much flow through one of these can push particles through the cartridge instead of catching them.

I have one of these filters: http://www.brouwland.com/en/our-products/bottling/filtering/cartridge-filters/d/cartridge-filter-tandem-for-enolmatic#.U_xO0CjGYfk

Can I use that filter with my Kaixin pump to filter and fill my kegs, OR do I need to purchase one of these: http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=720

I did a search before asking this question.

Cheers in advance, josh

I have been using the body that CB supply, but with the same cartridge as the other one you linked - the close plastic framing on that one made it very difficult to wash properly so I am now using the same one as in the CB picture (purple ends).
Bought before they offered all the fittings as a kit, but set mine up very similar - much easier to clean with JG fittings than barbs.

Regarding using your pump - I can't comment directly on that.
I would avoid it - I feel it might be too rough on your filter. But as I said - I haven't actually tried this myself.
I gravity feed straight from the fermentor if cold crashing only, or from the cube/jerry if adding polyclar.
Some brewers use a little CO2 pressure to feed from one keg, through filter, into another keg. But if the pressure is too high the filter will be damaged and will never work as intended again.
Hopefully someone can chime in with the acceptable pressure for keg to keg filtering in case this is an option for you.

I threw my filter setup (craftbrewer) in my trailor it's ready for the tip. There a pain in the ass. So much more effort for nothing. Easier to leave in the fermenter longer and cold condition then let keg clean up anything else.
I know that didn't help you but that's how I feel lol.
Takes forever when gravity fed.

Kingy said:
Takes forever when gravity fed.
CC first (and polyclar if desired) then the filter won't have to work so hard.
Takes about half an hour to run through for me

Latest posts

Back