Questions About Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
union,s are a pack of c^&*s,they have a job,s for the boy,s mentality and dont care who they **** over.they did to me because i refused to join...**** em .......cheers......spog.......
Alright, I'm done with the gun topic. I highly doubt that we're going to really agree on this issue.

Lets just chalk it up to a cultural difference between our two countries.

Tell me about your labor unions. Are they hardcore like they are here in America?

Alright, I'm done with the gun topic. I highly doubt that we're going to really agree on this issue.

Lets just chalk it up to a cultural difference between our two countries.

Tell me about your labor unions. Are they hardcore like they are here in America?

Fair enough mate,
very different cultural values. nothing personal.

Our unions are now pale deballed versions of what they once where

Spog, thats just real me myself talk. Our unions here have such a history that people dont/wont recoginise. Our union system is getting stronger AGAIN after the failed Howard government banned unionist`s and declared war on employees and subbies. The Howard way hasnt increased payrates nor better working conditions, the only winners are the fascist take all party...... normally we call them employers, some workers call them thieves.

@ EMalmgren, its a mess with a new generation, carbon tax, whale saving etc etc.... no fkn idea whats ahead of them.

matt I whole heartily agree. In aus as in america you need a licence for a gun (well if you obtain it legally of coarse) and in australia most guns are for hunting pigs or barra fishing ( the crocs up there you need a water proof one). now to bear arms for protection??? if you shot a robber coz they was in your house that is murder! so to have grounds to shoot some one you have to be in a life threatening situation and if your in this situation you dont have time to go * hang on would you mind just waiting there a moment while i go unlock my gun cabinet, pull out my gun come back down and we can start this all over??*

I bet the amount of shootings you hear there are way over the one here I have heard of 2 shooting here in 8 years how many in the 8 years there?

I bet the amount of shootings you hear there are way over the one here I have heard of 2 shooting here in 8 years how many in the 8 years there?

Its certainly a "horses for courses" debate.

Matt, thats really bad news you posted, we all hope these sort of things dont happen. I wish you well mate.

sorry Matt Please take my condolences. It would be a bad thing to experience and thats why I am glad we live in australia as these stories dont seem to be very common but when it does happen ever one morns for the loss of the people. I hope you and your family are coping with the loss Matt and if you need anything we are always here you know the brewing community has your back what ever you need.

Spog, thats just real me myself talk. Our unions here have such a history that people dont/wont recoginise. Our union system is getting stronger AGAIN after the failed Howard government banned unionist`s and declared war on employees and subbies. The Howard way hasnt increased payrates nor better working conditions, the only winners are the fascist take all party...... normally we call them employers, some workers call them thieves.

@ EMalmgren, its a mess with a new generation, carbon tax, whale saving etc etc.... no fkn idea whats ahead of them.

Yer I hate those employers who built their business and pay my wages. **** em! We should screw them for every cent and working condition till they go broke and we can..ugh..end up unemployed....

;)

Yer I hate those employers who built their business and pay my wages. **** em! We should screw them for every cent and working condition till they go broke and we can..ugh..end up unemployed....

;)

Spoken like a true servient.

Edited, the upskilling priority, people like you would expect to sit back and let the BOSS do it for you.

and what are the wharfies wanting now? more for less.i got sacked once for refusing to join,my boss was theatened with being shut down if i did,nt go... anyway the 2 union wankers turn the town upside down with thier denands then went up the coast to try it on elsewhere...the union boss and his knuckle dragging offsider got the shit slapped out of them when they pissed the wrong bloke of (yep one bloke) so they chartered a plane to fly themselves back to adelaide,and i wonder where the money came from to pay for the plane.........cheers......spog.......

We may not have guns but we have dangerous shit down here too ....... Vegemite - Its been banned in Denmark.
We live on the edge every breakfast...
Cheers
BBB

It is also illegal in the US. If customs catch you trying to bring it into the country , they will take it off you.

;)

icon_cheers.gif
jeez would,nt shoot my boss.
we use an order book system so the boss can keep track of things and this book also works at 1 of the local bottle shop,s and it doe,snt worry him.
so long as we don,y abuse it too much,mind you he did say "what the **** is going on" when in one month we racked up 24 cartons of piss...much of it bought by him....cheers.......spog.........

and what are the wharfies wanting now? more for less.i got sacked once for refusing to join,my boss was theatened with being shut down if i did,nt go... anyway the 2 union wankers turn the town upside down with thier denands then went up the coast to try it on elsewhere...the union boss and his knuckle dragging offsider got the shit slapped out of them when they pissed the wrong bloke of (yep one bloke) so they chartered a plane to fly themselves back to adelaide,and i wonder where the money came from to pay for the plane.........cheers......spog.......

Bloody miracle they have kept thier lazy grubby hands of microbrewers. Where would we be if there was a strike??

One time when my grandparents had a material factory, a union rep came in to the factory and threatened her if they didn't drop the wages. Apparently my grandfather believed in paying people what they were worth and payed too much (work hard and get paid well mentality- who does he think he is!!??!!). Anyway, the rep said it was causing unrest in the other factories. My grandmother was old- school Aussie. Treat her well, she would open her home to you. Screw her over, and start running because if she catches you.......
She grabbed the shmock by the scruff of the neck and physically tossed him from the property, and threatened him should he ever come back. Pussy. He never did and that was that. Welcome to our unions.

2. Taking a bit of a liberty with the constitution there. What about the first part part, "It being necessary" etc? Anyway most of us, particularly the police, are fairly happy with not having a heavily armed general population.

3. The only state sponsored racism here is towards the Aborigines. The govt. recently suspended the Racial Equality Act so it could quarantine Aboriginal incomes. Aboriginal society today is trying hard to get back on it's feet after 200 odd years of having the absolute crap beaten out of it. During the 1990s, as the result of a High Court decision the legal fiction that maintained the Australia was empty of human society at "discovery" was overturned which gave Aboriginal people property rights of their traditional country for the first time. Moves are now afoot to amend our constitution to acknowledge prior ownership. It's a very slow process, Aboriginal people have been rendered almost invisible by whites. At least the Native Americans have had a place in US popular culture for some time even if it was mostly as villains.

We can thank the unions (mainly BLF)for The Rocks in Sydney, Victoria street in Potts Point With the locals they stopped the destruction of our heritage by the greed of development. Yes they did let developments go ahead. "But they were just thugs" and the developers didn't have thugs? do a search on the green bans.
I have seen stand over tactics by unions and companies. Same smell different shit.
Could be wrong but is it not The UNITED States of America. Does the president not give a state of the union address.
You see unions are a great thing.

The unions historically gave us a LOT to be thankful for. A 5 day working week, 8 hour working days (That's why we Aussies celebrate Labour day), most of our benefits like sick pay, holiday pay, bereavement leave etc. Read up on how working conditions in Australia (and the UK etc) were like in the 19th & early 20th century before the birth of the labour movement, things have improved immensely - particularly for low skilled workers and it wasnt solely due to employers miraculously gaining compassion over time...They've basically had to meet and negotiate with the unions and cut deals on behalf of the workers who previously didnt have a voice for fear of being thrown out. Yes, they're probably not as relevant these days as they were 50 or 100 years ago, but I'll always respect them for what they once stood for and have achieved.. That said, they've also had their fair share of negatives too. eg: The White Australia policy was borne out of the union movement for fear of Asians flooding in to work the cane fields for lower pay & poorer conditions and hence take all of the white mans jobs.

I read about people like spog having bad experiences with union "thugs" in construction sites etc these days, and lets face it, there are a lot of thugs working in those kinds of workplaces too. But it isnt like this everywhere. I work for the government and the CPSU is quite a highly respected organization in my workplace, as is the Police union, teachers union, firefighters union, the AMA etc...

I knew our new American members questions where going to inflate peoples responses. He could have just googled the info and saved 10 + pages of ....
We all have our political opinions but this isnt the forum to voice them on.
The forum has not become a better place from all this non brewing related talk.

GB

The unions historically gave us a LOT to be thankful for. A 5 day working week, 8 hour working days (That's why we Aussies celebrate Labour day), most of our benefits like sick pay, holiday pay, bereavement leave etc. Read up on how working conditions in Australia (and the UK etc) were like in the 19th & early 20th century before the birth of the labour movement, things have improved immensely - particularly for low skilled workers and it wasnt solely due to employers miraculously gaining compassion over time...They've basically had to meet and negotiate with the unions and cut deals on behalf of the workers who previously didnt have a voice for fear of being thrown out. Yes, they're probably not as relevant these days as they were 50 or 100 years ago, but I'll always respect them for what they once stood for and have achieved.. That said, they've also had their fair share of negatives too. eg: The White Australia policy was borne out of the union movement for fear of Asians flooding in to work the cane fields for lower pay & poorer conditions and hence take all of the white mans jobs.

I read about people like spog having bad experiences with union "thugs" in construction sites etc these days, and lets face it, there are a lot of thugs working in those kinds of workplaces too. But it isnt like this everywhere. I work for the government and the CPSU is quite a highly respected organization in my workplace, as is the Police union, teachers union, firefighters union, the AMA etc...

The police union??Respected?? Look at the moron leader who got busted for being corrupt and got off free. Just read the story of the Boston Brewery and tell me the unions are anything but crims using legal power to push their own agendas. How many people 'disappeared' thanks t the unions? I have seen the 'wonderful' work they did overseas. A lot of people have lost a ot of money (people who couldn't afford to) just because of these bullies.

Latest posts

Back