Question Regarding Blue Bottler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deja_vu

Reaction score
Bottled my first batch yesterday, and I used one of those Blue, Spring Loaded Bottlers, but I noticed that no matter how slowly or quickly I filled the bottle, it kept making a noise not unlike when you drain the bath, which indicated some air was stuck in there somewhere.
I decided to just depress the thing all the way each time and fill as quickly as possible as this seemed to get the air out fairly rapidly.
Should I be concerned that oxygen is getting in my beer? Has anyone had the same experience?

:huh:
Did you release the pressure in the fermentor?
it may be just sucking back through the airlock otherwise.
i crack the lid off a few turns to release the pressure.

Did open it up, but seems the air is getting stuck at the bottling end around the 'nipple'.

:huh:
As it was you first brew bottled i'm assuming the bottler was clean.
you can pull them apart if needed for a thorough cleaning.
if its just the sound and youre not getting heaps of froth I wouldn't worry.
PS whether you bulk prime or prime each bottle I've found it heaps easier to have the fermentor up at a height fit a length of food grade hose, ie a racking hose from the HB store.Line up your bottles and attach your bottler to the end and just go from bottle to bottle.
With bottler in one hand and a glass of home brew in the other.

Yep it was brand new, and really not much froth was generated so should be fine. I told a lie about this being my first batch though I did make a batch or two years ago, but for all intents and purposes I'm calling this my first batch.
Reason why I didn't keep up the homebrew years ago was because the beer tasted like metallic wet cardboard...
This time I'm prepared and looking out for oxidation, temperatures and twang and all that, but the more I learn the more paranoid I am that my beer will be crap!
But thanks for the hose tip, think i'll do it for my current batch.

the most important things with HBing ,constanting reinforced by others more knowledgable on this forum are
sanitizing,sterilisation and temperature. try and keep your temps from fluctuating too much.
Plus the main thing is ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAVE FUN WITH IT :beerbang:
keep trying new things and search the forum for the answer to any questions.
the regular guys and gals on here are just great with their advice and support.

Latest posts

Back