Question For The More Experienced ^^

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just cracked my first ag thats been in the bottle only a week (couldn't wait) and it tastes marvelous! I used the little creatures recipe by tony http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=301 . My question is about the taste following the hoppiness, its a wonderfull sweet taste and not being very experienced was wondering is this the vienna malt?

No mate not the vienna

Its a combo of the hops, pilsner malt and the carapils which is actually a vary pale crystal malt.

It will mellow as it gets a couple of weeks on it. Dont drink it all at once. It will get better.

Vienna malt is just pilsner malt that has been roasted longer (basicly). Its the same as munich and dark munich only lighter in colour and flavour.

VIenna, munich type malts give a bready toasty maltiness but not the sweetness you get from light crystal malts like carapils and carahell.

The vienna is in the recipe to boost the malt profile just a hint to help hold up the hops.

cheers

Ah ok, thanks for the informative reply! I'll be sure to give them longer in the bottle, just had to have a taste and im amazed at how close it really is to the little creatures bright ale......... amazing. Thanks again mate :icon_cheers:

Back