Queensland Competition Details

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndrewQLD said:
I was told by Stephen that we would know the results early this week.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="80677"][/post]​

Cool - thanks Andrew...

Just received the following email

"8/12 cats were judged Saturday with the remiander (all small classes) being judged this eveniing.I would hope to have the results emailed Thursday and judging sheets posted Friday."

Best of luck everyone...

Wern't we supposed to get sent tasting notes for our beers? The main reason I entered, but recieved nothing, so far. Anyone else recieve anything?

cheers Ross

hey ross,

nope nothing yet,

but i did find out why my stout marked so low.....

i opened a bottle and i had mistakenly sent a porter :(

Ross said:
Wern't we supposed to get sent tasting notes for our beers? The main reason I entered, but recieved nothing, so far. Anyone else recieve anything?

cheers Ross
[post="83566"][/post]​

Ross.

Any comp worth it's salt should send you back your judging sheets complete with scores and feedback.

That said don't expect all the comments to always be balanced with any form of rhyme or reason. You could almost swear that some judges are merely there for the free beer. <_<

Warren -

Yeah I know what you mean. Last year I entered my weizen in the Nationals and the judges sheet had a few flavour descriptors circled in pen and had the comment at the bottom: "Partly good, partly not so good". How pathetic. :angry: I almost wrote to them to ask for my postage costs to be reimbursed. <_<

- Snow

Or the two most common cop-outs....

"Needs more malt"

"Needs more hops"

:ph34r:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back