Qld Xmas 2012 Case Swap..Venue Changed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys what time does this shin dig usually kick off?

Also, I will have a keg to bring but i haven't transported a full keg somewhere to use that same day... How do you guys usually go with the sediment getting disturbed on the drive over? does it usually settle quickly? are there any tips for minimising this issue (except for filtering)?

I haven't been to one of these before so just let me know if there is anything that you want me to bring.

Camo

I usually filter.... You're welcome to borrow if if you want...

here we are 24 sleeps away from a QLD Xmas swap and there are only 202 posts .. :(

No tits,goats or sheep :(

only 12 in the swap :(

what the hell ? and you lot call yourselves Queenslanders ...

I'm coming 2000km too drink all your beer and this is the best you can do ?? might have to visit a different state next year , , but I've always belived there are only 2 states to be in ,, QLD & Pissed ....

cheers OBB.

Just thought i would give everyone the option. My swap beer hasn't turned out the way i wanted and is quite a failure. I was seeing if everyone didnt mind me pulling out of the swap as i really don't want to give you guys a beer that even i don't like, my palate isn't as advanced as the rest of you bit even i don't like the taste of it.

What are your thoughts?

Just thought i would give everyone the option. My swap beer hasn't turned out the way i wanted and is quite a failure. I was seeing if everyone didnt mind me pulling out of the swap as i really don't want to give you guys a beer that even i don't like, my palate isn't as advanced as the rest of you bit even i don't like the taste of it.

What are your thoughts?

These are the beer you are meant to take to the swap, good way to get rid of them. just write someones else's name on them :huh: :lol:

Have you bottled already? If not 50-60 grams of cascade or citra could do wonders. Certainly can't hurt it.

Really if your beer turns out less than you expected you wouldn't want to put it in the swap. The whole idea of swaps is to brew your best possible beer, anything else will not do. I don't believe a swap is the place to have a beer evaluated, do that at a local brews club.

But hell I won't even be there!

Batz

7. NickB
8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit
9. King Brown - Something big and stinky and IPAish
12. _WALLACE_ (I was getting a bit lonely up the top there)
13. BPH87 - not attending
14. Scoundrelrogue - not attending
15. Camo1234
16. Kegs23 (works craftbrewer)
17. Parks
19. Aydos
21. tazman1967 - Red Rye IPA
22. Bazza - Bazza's Smokey Bacon Ale

Attending but not swapping:
1. Snow
2. Goldy
3. Dougsbrew
4. Ross (95% sure i'll be there, work permitting)
5. Sqyre
6. Altstart
7. Jiri (Aydos +1)
8. FNQ Bunyip (pyrotechnic controller)
9. Bartolo
10. Josh Kendrick
11. Florian
12. Rowy

Gents I'm now an attender but not a swapper. Time and having to have kegs ready for Xmas has beaten me.

Really if your beer turns out less than you expected you wouldn't want to put it in the swap. The whole idea of swaps is to brew your best possible beer, anything else will not do. I don't believe a swap is the place to have a beer evaluated, do that at a local brews club.

But hell I won't even be there!

Batz

back to seriousness :( I was just jk about getting rid of it at the swap. I don't think I would take a substandard beer along, and be known as that guy who brews crap.

QldKev

What is going on with these swaps??

This is the 3rd one I have been to and people are pulling out quicker than Rowy in Thailand when he is about to blow.....

What is going on?

Come get pissed with some real beer drinkers and show them how you brew.

Rant over.

Yeah you wouldn't like that again............. :lol:

back to seriousness :( I was just jk about getting rid of it at the swap. I don't think I would take a substandard beer along, and be known as that guy who brews crap.

QldKev

Bloody Hell.... Now I am nervous about being in the swap! :(

Looks like it will be the Qld Xmas 2012 6 pack swap...
For the record.. my beer is bottled and conditioning
Cheers

7. NickB
8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit
9. King Brown - Something big and stinky and IPAish
12. _WALLACE_ (I was getting a bit lonely up the top there)
13. BPH87 - not attending
14. Scoundrelrogue - not attending
15. Camo1234
16. Kegs23 (works craftbrewer)
17. Parks
21. tazman1967 - Red Rye IPA
22. Bazza - Bazza's Smokey Bacon Ale

Attending but not swapping:
1. Snow
2. Goldy
3. Dougsbrew
4. Ross (95% sure i'll be there, work permitting)
5. Sqyre
6. Altstart
7. Jiri (Aydos +1)
8. FNQ Bunyip (pyrotechnic controller)
9. Bartolo
10. Josh Kendrick
11. Florian
12. Rowy
14. Aydos

I have taken myself off the swap and onto the attending list, i can't be the one serving shit beer :(

I'm not sure what I'm bringing yet, but I'm sure it will probably be drinkable... Maybe.

I'm confused is it at bats place or squiresSav

God damm sandgropers have a full case , case swap and a bigger thread :(

Latest posts

Back