QLD Beer Week 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Just starting a thread to see who might be out and about at what events during this week.
While work might get in the way a little I plan to get to a few things this time so I'm curious to see who might be around.

I'm definitely doing the sour event on the last Sat, and probably more than one visit to The Scratch...

pressure_tested said:
No one on here knows me but I'm excited about infuse the goat.
Where is Chappo?

On an unrelated note anyone up for a sneaky beer or two this evening?

bconnery said:
Would have been but too late Ben, I'm getting collected from work.
I must get some sour tickets pronto.

bconnery said:
I'll be at the German Club if you end up passing through that way.

tallie said:
I'll be at the German Club if you end up passing through that way.
Well that doesn't sound dangerous at all...
At the moment I'm in the city for a while and then meeting Shell for dinner and a movie but if she ditches me as work is crapping on her again, which could happen, I may well be in touch...

I don't want to toot the usual horn...but really...only one place on the Gold Coast doing anything :unsure:

Looks like there are some wildcat events happening (not sure why they are not part of the sanctioned events, rumors abound). Thought this might be a good place to list them so that we all know what is happening when.

1. Holgate V Feral + Ribs at the Embassy (http://embassybar.com.au/event-details/?pose=715), Monday evening
2. Beer & BBQ Masterclass w/ Pete Mitcham (http://www.goodbeers.com.au/18-july-southern-bbq/), Thursday evening
3. Green Beacon are doing a takeover at SuperWhatNot.... at some time during the week.

If anyone else knows more, please add them to the list!

There are HEAPS of events that aren't on the Good Beer Weeks rather crappy website, due to the fact that the 'organiser' asking for some quite hefty sums of money for venues just to host events; and some venues took offence to this (cant imagine why.....Imagine telling someone they had to pay you money to do an event in their own venue...)

My advice is to look on the individual websites/ facebooks of your favorite venue to find out what they are doing.

4 Hearts is doing an 8 course 8 beer dinner at Alehouse 24.

July 18.

And wait for it....only $65!

Check out the FB link in my Sig.

We have a bunch of events during the week as well at Archive. Check out our website for the full list. http://www.archivebeerboutique.com.au/whats-on/

Thursdays "So you think you're smarter than a beer nerd" should be a good one.
Your chance to be crowned 2013 Archive Beer Geek.

Hosted by the King Browns Dan Rawlings.
$30 gets for 3 beers and tapas, winner takes away a case of beer, the trophy and bragging rights.
If you're keen call 07 3944 6098 or email [email protected] to book.

It's a pity no one thought of screening the Beer Hunter movie as part of Good Beer Week (possibly with the first episode of the series first up for those young enough to have missed it.).
It could be done on a rather elaborate style like this - https://www.facebook.com/events/447126072050085/
or as the premiere did it - "I keep thinking of a rule when viewing the movie: when Michael drinks, everyone drinks. It would certainly help move a lot of beer."
'

Don't know about beer week but I will be at the Stanthorpe Brewery Thursday night Perry.

Say hello to the cold for me Rowy. Are you staying there?, I'll go up when the frost stops.

Thursdays "So you think you're smarter than a beer nerd" should be a good one.
Your chance to be crowned 2013 Archive Beer Geek.
I could be a starter for this kempy, its way past time I stuck my head in the door.

Staying at the Brewery!

Good man, top work :chug:

Let us know how it goes Rowy, I'll be heading that way later in the year

The porter there is a cracker, and the Irish red was quite drinkable too. Make sure you get Tony to give you the guided tour of the brewery.

Back