QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross congratulation on your new bar it looks great! You have certainly put in the yards.

Here's wishing those attending the all the very best. Hope I can make it next year.

Cheers from the Sunny Coast

Hey brewers, just an update on the day - the beers are going down great, the xmas case is all divided up ready to go, who knows what's going on with the yeast swap :blink: we're all getting too drunk to care now :beer:
Ross being the great hostitute that he is has the BBQ fired up and cooking these pork ribs we've heard so much about.

The stand-out beers for the day would have to be Batz's smoked porter and Ross's Swarzbier, going down a treat :chug:
Certainly a day not to miss. Thinking about a xmas in July case already :) \

Hoops

PS if we can find a USB cable might try and upload some photos

Oh man those ribs! Ross's ribs are the best ribs I've had....ever!

Having a great time here - great company, great beer, just a shame there's too much beer blocking the darts board!

Picks ofthe day: toss up between Andrew's Wit, Batz' smoked porter and Ross'a Swartzbier.

Ok time for another Weizen..

- Snow

Bugger, I bet things are rolling along very nicely about now there fellas, and I had to leave before the ribs were dished up :( Oh well, not to worry, got home no problems Keep an eye on Jimmyjack if you can't find him, he's probably asleep in the chookshed.

cheers

Browndog

:beer:
Ross
A great day and Im sure everyone will join with me in thanking you for hosting the 2005 xmas swap.
Cheers Altstart

DSCN0741.JPG

cool pic, can we have one a bit bigger that says who's who?
i always get a surprise when i meet someone from AHB, they never look like what I thought they look like.
For some reason i thought wee stu was late 20s and 6foot4 :)

At the back from L to R - Altstart, Browndog, Brizzybrewer, Snow, Hoops, Mothballs, Jimmyjack, Jye, Nonicman, Kenny.
squatting in front - Dave, sluggerdog, Peter shane, Batz, Ross, AndrewQld.

hope I got them right... :)

Great night, fantastic beers and food (best ribs :super: )
Thanks again Ross, all your efforts were most appreciated by all.

In regard to the xmas case there are at least 2 brewers that bottled their beers yesterday and will require 2 weeks to carbonate.

Don't drink Nonicman or Hoops beers for at least 2 weeks!!!!

If you miss this post or forget then I will expect to see tasting notes for 2 beers that say "flat and sweet"

Hoops

Ok guys, as requested....

Ross's Sticky BBQ Rib recipe

2kg American style pork spare ribs
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon chicken Salt
2 teaspoon garlic.
lemon juice
honey BBQ sauce
blackpepper.

Take ribs & peel the membrane skin off the back.
Make marinade of sugar, paprika, salt & garlic - rub into ribs & allow to marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
Roll out a double layer of Al foil about 8" longer than the rack of ribs - place ribs, flesh down on the foil - Add marinade, good squeeze of lemon & black pepper to taste - roll out another equal length of double foil & cover ribs - now carefully fold in each side approx 10mm at a time, to create an airtight package.
Bake in oven at 130 degrees for 2 hours - Remove from oven & if barbecuing the same day, leave in foil until ready to cook (otherwise remove from foil when cool & refridgerate).
Heat barbie to max temp - baste ribs in BBQ sauce & place on heat - keep turning ribs until nicely charred (approx 3 mins)... remove & serve...
If you prefer your ribs with a bit of heat - add chillie or peppers to taste in the marinade...

If you haven't tried ribs this way - give it a go... :)

cheers Ross...

Just crawled out of the chook shed! Where did everyone go? I think we all had a really good time. Superb beers and Ribs!!! Thanx Ross for being a superb host I really enjoyed meeting everybody and then passing out!! :chug:

Cheers,

JJ

...& I always thought Bats slept hanging upside down - not upright :D

new_bar_006.jpg

Batz got the best seat & wasn't gonna give it up... :)

With the bottles blocking the dartboard, Snow takes on AndrewQld at pool...

new_bar_002.jpg

Ross said:
...& I always thought Bats slept hanging upside down - not upright :D

Here you go Ross, you must have had your camera upsidedown
Ross_s_day_015.jpg

Thanks for a great day and night Ross, the hospitality and friendship was appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew

Cheers Ross for a great day :beer: I just wish I could have stayed later :(

I might call around tomorrow night to pick up my case... and a few more beers :lol:

Don't drink Nonicman or Hoops beers for at least 2 weeks!!!!

Get stuck striaght into mine, Stumbling Kegs :chug:

Ross_s_day_011.jpg
Here's the bottles for the Xmas case swap, can't wait to get into these

Oh and by the way, Ross gave a demonstration on proper yeast handling techniques, please pay special attention to his sterile, hygenic method of testing the yeasts viability. he could not stress enough, hygene, hygene, hygene.
Ross_s_day_007.jpg

I finally arrived home after a six hour drive, and I can tell you it was worth the effort, great bunch of brewers and some really lovelly beers.

Cheers
Andrew

You made good time home Andrew - Glad to see you got back safely...

Thanks for making such a long trip for a beer, top effort - it was great meeting you at long last. Anytime you're down here in the smoke, please drop in for an ale or 2... :chug:

Also thanks to eveyone for making it such a pleasent day/evening, heaps of piss & no-one ill - great result :party:

Back