QLD AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
Guys
I was meaning to bring a pad and get everyones email and postal addy

This was for two reasons

1. If I do another Powells Malt B.P.

2. I have my 50th in March, and would like you all to join me to celebrate this event in the Hinterlands

Please send subject line as your AHB user name

[email protected]

Batz
[post="95661"][/post]​
Oh yes please :) sounds great, email sent.

[email protected]

bindi Bob.

Thats TidalPetes Old London Ale :( are there any missing from the pics?

Snow did you get my PM about the pic?

Cheers
Jye

I must have missed the notification. Just read it. E-mail on the way.

- S.

Snow said:
I don't think I got the one in the second photo with the holly on the label. Who's is that one?

- Snow
[post="96300"][/post]​

That's mine alright Snow. Still got a couple of bottles left if you can think of a way to collect them. It was my last partial before starting AG.

:beer:

That's ok, Pete. You drink them and I'll drop in and have some AG brews next time I'm in Caloundra! :)

Cheers - Snow

I'm heading up to the Sunny coast for the weekend if it's an option to pick it up?
Would be good to catch up with Pete and Nonicman - maybe at the micro??

Hoops

Bugger, I'm off to Warrick for a Xmas party on Saturday night. Back Sunday though.

Hoops said:
I'm heading up to the Sunny coast for the weekend if it's an option to pick it up?

Hoops
[post="96650"][/post]​

You picked a bad weekend Hoops. I am off for a couple of days with the wife's rellies at Robina & won't get back until Sunday arvo. I will hide Snow's Xmas Case bottles & you can collect if you wish. I will PM you.

TidalPete said:
Hoops said:

Hoops
[post="96650"][/post]​

You picked a bad weekend Hoops. I am off for a couple of days with the wife's rellies at Robina & won't get back until Sunday arvo. I will hide your Xmas Case bottles & you can collect if you wish. I will PM you.
[post="96675"][/post]​

Way to go !

A hidden bottle hunt at Tidalpetes

I an taking my wipper-snipper....bet their in the garden someplace

Batz

Batz said:
Way to go !

A hidden bottle hunt at Tidalpetes

I an taking my wipper-snipper....bet their in the garden someplace

Batz
[post="96693"][/post]​

Or hidden under the lawn.

oooooooooooh goody a treasure hunt - with beer at the end! :D

Just as an aside, some of the guys at the meeting might have been wondering how I was getting on with my AG set up, well, here it is, sorry about the pic, I could not get back far enough to take a decent photo. You can see the prechiller on the left (bucket full of ice with a 3/8" copper coil) mash tun and 20L urn as HLT and the tie down strap attached to the boiler is to raise it high enough to let gravity feed the wort to the fermenter ( You will no doubt see that I have been inspired by Ross's great setup) The stand is made from 3"*2" oregon with aluminium tops. I've got a 1"*1" metal frame bolted to the legs that the boiler sits on and I am going to be paying close attention to the possibility that the timber legs don't catch fire courtesy of the gas ring.
I tried out the mash tun with 12L of water at 77degC and it lost 9decC in 3hrs so I think the insulation will do the trick.

Now, all I need is Ross recipe for Carsbrook APA and I'm into it!

cheers

Browndog

setup.jpg

Looking great Browndog - welcome to AG mate...
hope you're right about the timber, I'd be getting some fire retardent coating to be safe...

If you want a hand on your first brew, give us a call - otherwise I look forward to hearing how you go...

Carbrook Apa recipe, here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/Skun...-t970-s180.html

P.S. should post this under gear & equip, so people can find it easier :)

cheers Ross

browndog, you should start a new thread describing the construction of your MLT, that thing was beautiful :wub:

Lucky you didn't leave it unattended to long at Ross's...some of those guys checking it out looked pretty shifty :p

Browndog you got lucky mate I had that mashtun tucked away in the bushes and then i got a case of the guilts!!! Very nice set up there!!!!

Cheers JJ

Well, who said there is no honour among thieves Guys? I wasn't worried for one minute ;) Ross, I'll probably be annoying you over the phone before I start my first brew so be warned Mate, I checked your recipe for APA and as I have no amarillo, can I replace it with williamette or challenger ? I did a test today with water and found that there's 2L left in the tun after draining and 1.5L left in the kettle. I filled the kettle with 40L and tried out the tiedown strap/lifting mechanism and it worked OK.
I'll try and do some better pics and write up a better description of the construction and post in gear and equipment.

cheers

Browndog

browndog said:
I checked your recipe for APA and as I have no amarillo, can I replace it with williamette or challenger ?

cheers

Browndog
[post="96949"][/post]​

I'd be upping one of the other american flavour hops, in the recipe like cascade - though challenger would give it a bit of spice...

:chug:
I drank my first beer from the case swap today. It was Andrews belgium Wit very nice drop. Would really like the recipe for this one. So glad I took part in the swap lots of beers left to try.
Cheers Altstart

Back