Qantas Reviewing Their Beer Menu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And White Rabbit is owned by LC, so all good for me there!

You may be right (I may be crazy... oops, OT), though I am noting that since more of the smaller breweries are popping up in bigger bottle-oes (Dan's, 1stC), that I would assume that the distribution lines have been sorted to some extent - at least to the major centres, which is exactly where QANTAS fly from anyway. Maybe anything regularly appears at Dans (LC, WR, S&W, JS, Matilda Bay and the like).

+1 for Belgians. It would be a fantastic flight to sit there and knock back leffe blonde & bruin, or a radeuse kreik for several hours. Did that with cheap scotch to go to sleep on an overnight flight - I regretted it when I got off the plane though.

Goomba

Yeap agree anything that is on dan's menu would be realistic enough, theres even feral and murrays at dans, murrays nirvana has not got into the consumers hands in very good condition from dan's though in the past and i think it would be a little bit harsh to blame dan's soley for that, although I gather those issues have been looked at. Either way if you did vote for that beer might be no one else does so you vote is lost, where as there is quite possibly many that may vote for LCPA.
There is the issue of bottles fourstar mentioned, what does wine come in on the plane?

There is the issue of bottles fourstar mentioned, what does wine come in on the plane?

I don't think glass is the issue per-say but the effect of loss of cabin pressure and carbonated beverages in glass = glass shrapnel grenades.

Funny BribieG, last time i was on Thai airways they had all their singha in cans. Thai are a lot less conservative than Singapore air. Its almost a fight to get yourself more than one drink in cattle class on singapore (unless your happy to hit the service button every 20 minutes). Their in flight food, entertainment + comfort (leg space for a big white westerner) are miles ahead though. Best of all is the free stop overs in Singapore. :icon_chickcheers:

Haven't flown internationally in a while, but I think I remember little 150ml plastic wine bottles with a screwtop lid.

Uniformly horrible wine, but good for getting you off to sleep when paired with a couple of Valerian tablets.

Always enjoy the Coopers at Sydney and Melbourne Q Club.

LOVE the LCPA on tap at Perth Q Club. They should ditch the Fat Yak on tap at Brisbane Q Club and follow Perth's lead.

And Q Club at Sydney International has crap beer on tap with the 'pick' being Stella. The bottled stuff is worse than domestic as well. You would think that an international lounge would have beer at least as good, or slightly better, than a domestic lounge.

Don't care much for the beers on the planes. If you fly econ then its better value to buy a bourbon or wine for $1 or so more.

Cheers

(also a heavy QF patron)

If QANTAS have anyone worth their salt doing the survey they will be on the look out for those who 'stack'.
You never want a dedicated minority deciding the wants of the majority (not in big business anyway).
Unless you are 1 of 5 in this committee I suggest a max of 4-5 votes per beer and don't go to the unknown.
There will probably be more votes for VB more due to its advertising campaigns than its taste.
Brands like Grolsch and Guinness which are know to the masses are your better bet rather than something like Fat Yak.
(I am not commenting on beer quality/taste but marketability)
I can only remember 4-5 types of beer on any flight domestic or international

Cheers

Isn't that the case with Guinness travelling anywhere outside of Ireland because it gets pasteurised? After that there isn't a problem, it travels into my glass very well.

Back