Pure Sodium Percarbonate $3/kg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
Guys - Advance chemicals in Altona has sodium percarbonate for $3/kg inc GST. I bought a 25 kg bag but they will sell it in 10 kg pails also (you have to pay $5 or something for the pail).

They also have phosphoric acid and LABS acid.

You should probably call them before you fire up the chariot. Tell them you are a homebrewer.

cheers

Sosman, what uses do u have for the sodium percarbonate ? Is there any metals (brewing equipment) that it will react with ?

Thanks, John

Sodium Percarbonate is Nappy San

Non toxic, and wont react with any metals used in brewing

It is the ducks nuts for cleaning cubes and fermenters

:beer:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Sodium Percarbonate is Nappy San

Non toxic, and wont react with any metals used in brewing

It is the ducks nuts for cleaning cubes and fermenters
[post="117465"][/post]​
I hate to be pedantic but some people might take that on its face value and assume sodium percarbonate and Napisan are the same thing. Napisan contains some percentage of sodium percarbonate (usually under 50%) and a whole lot of other stuff. Also last time I looked, Napisan cost more than $3/kg.

But I agree about sod. perc. sure is the ducks nuts. Works best (faster) if you use warm water.

Home Brand Nappi-San is 346g/Kg sodium-percarbonate. Just dont get the one with enzymes

$3kg for Sodium-Percarbonate is very good value, as you wont need as much.

I contacted Altona today & got a negative response :(
Have you got a contact to talk to sosman??

Cheers...

Ross

Ross said:
I contacted Altona today & got a negative response :(
Have you got a contact to talk to sosman??
[post="117475"][/post]​
Try asking for "Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate" which is probably what is printed on the bag. See http://www.solvaychemicals.us/pdf/Sodium_P...ate/II-739C.pdf

cheers

PS the stuff I got this time round is not from Solvay, it is from DC Chemical Co in Korea. It will be interesting to see if there is any noticeable difference in quality.

Oh yeah, real brewers buy sodium percarbonate by the 25kg :)

SodPercRealBrewers.jpg

Latest posts

Back