Purchased A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Good to hear these are popular then. I am so glad I bought it through the wholesaler (not on ebay). I've had a few issues so far.

The screws on top of the cabinet do not fit the stainless steel font. I rang the supplier and he said that they take out the crappy chrime plated single font and replace it with the 2 tap stainless steel font. They know of the issue because of mine and now they have added the required holes to fit (i have to do mine myself unfortunately). Also, they were going to send me the original font for the sake of it... which i won't need but good to have a spare...

Also, the regulator did not fit the co2 bottle i had bought. Again, rang up Greg and he sent out a brand new one (the same but with the correct connection) for free. So now I have two regulators at no extra cost. He also sent out some extra gas line as mine was not with the kit either at no extra charge.

All in all I am very happy. Haven't got it working yet as I still need to buy the gas and beer disconnects as I've been away over Easter. Looks awesome though and couldn't recommend pinnacle wholesalers (www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au) enough.

Regards,
Cam

Let me know when you put the faucets together and attach them to the font - I can't figure out which of the black grommet things (for each faucet there is 1 soft rubber, 1 hard plastic, 1 hard plastic with a curved "lip") to use and where - They seem to go together quite happily without using any of the grommets!

Otherwise I'm pretty stoked with the kegerator which arrived yesterday... Hopefully I'll be putting it together on the weekend!

Let me know when you put the faucets together and attach them to the font - I can't figure out which of the black grommet things (for each faucet there is 1 soft rubber, 1 hard plastic, 1 hard plastic with a curved "lip") to use and where - They seem to go together quite happily without using any of the grommets!

Otherwise I'm pretty stoked with the kegerator which arrived yesterday... Hopefully I'll be putting it together on the weekend!

The soft rubber one I put up closest to the top (before the curvy metal bit). I didn't use the other two as the 90 degree connector won't fit on the end. Tightning the bolts inside the font is a pain as my wrench wont fit and i dont have the right sized spanner. I've tightened by hand so far and seems pretty sturdy.

Did yours have the extra screws holes in the top of the fridge for the stainless steel font. Might didn't so I have to do this myself.

Also, I am going to buy a rubber grommet for between the plastic top and the font so that the fridge is sully sealed and not using extra electricity to keep it cold. I'm also replacing the beer lines as they seem way to thick (which can cause frothy beer on pour).

Aiming to get it all setup this week. Getting thirsty :)

The soft rubber one I put up closest to the top (before the curvy metal bit). I didn't use the other two as the 90 degree connector won't fit on the end. Tightning the bolts inside the font is a pain as my wrench wont fit and i dont have the right sized spanner. I've tightened by hand so far and seems pretty sturdy.

Did yours have the extra screws holes in the top of the fridge for the stainless steel font. Might didn't so I have to do this myself.

Also, I am going to buy a rubber grommet for between the plastic top and the font so that the fridge is sully sealed and not using extra electricity to keep it cold. I'm also replacing the beer lines as they seem way to thick (which can cause frothy beer on pour).

Aiming to get it all setup this week. Getting thirsty :)
Cool... I tried using the rubber grommet the same place you've mentioned, but ended out just not using any of the grommets at all - seems to hold together quite nicely. It is a massive pain the tighten the nut on the inside of the font!!!

Yeah mine had the extra holes drilled in the top (when I saw them I thought 'thanks speedmeades') although they didn't really all match up with the holes perfectly - I got it right in the end.

Not sure I follow about where you want to put a new grommet - what plastic top are yo talking about - the lid that clips on the very top of the font? Let me know... I might get something to plug up the original holes for screwing in the font - a fraction of each of them is just poking out from underneath the base-ring that goes over the font to cover the screws at the base.

Otherwise everything is going well. I've ordered the disconnects and some more line etc but the fridge is cooling very well and I'm psyched to get it going. I agree about the line that comes with it - I think beer/gas line is meant to be 5mm ID, but the stuff that comes with the kegerator is 5/16" (8mm) ID. I think to use that you would need about 18m of it to balance the keg system!!! But it looks to me like you wouldn't be able to fit 5mm line over the jagged end bit (what's the term?!) on the 90 degree connector. Anyway, hopefully should know by the weekend when all my crap arrives!

By plastic top I meant the plastic top of the fridge itself. At the moment it has the stainless steel font against the plastic which won't seal (so you'll lose efficiency of the fridge)

I managed to get a much smaller line of that 90 degree barb by boiling the end in water and using a chopstick stretch the tube end over the barb.

I've also got the spare Dorado regulator and chrome plated font that they gave me for free for sale if anyone is interested.

By plastic top I meant the plastic top of the fridge itself. At the moment it has the stainless steel font against the plastic which won't seal (so you'll lose efficiency of the fridge)

Hmm hadn't thought of that - I might have to have a look for one too...

Got my kegs & disconnects a couple of weeks ago and I'll be ordering one of these in the next couple of weeks, then once the fridge is here it's off to G&G to get the gas. Can't wait, it's only taken me 12 months to convince the minister, I think I should hurry before she changes her mind.

Hehe, I just bought it and told her after... If she gets a multi-thousand dollar ring for an engagement, I should get something too, right?... right?

did any of you guys bother ordering one without the couplers??? Im thinking of getting one, but not much point getting the 2 50l Keg fittings since im not using them anymore.

You could try and get a reduced price, but you're probably better off just palming them off on eBay. That's what I'm doing, along with the free reg they gave me. :)

yeah probably a good idea.
gotta wait for my damn house to get fixed from flooding before i take the plunge. hopefully they wont sell out in a few weeks

did you guys order from their website? or call? or their ebay shop?

This thread was getting me too eager, so I just bought the f**kin' thing today, I feel like a kid the night before Christmas :beerbang:

haha, it's a damn good price i tell you given you get the reg (two in my case), font, taps, hoses and everything included except the gas and disconnects.

I ordered it from the website. Though have spoken to Greg a couple of times now, and he seems like a pretty good guy.

argh damn it,
i might order one when i get home, have to give beer priority over rebuilding home this time maybe!?

hey guys,
whats the postage times been like for you guys?

Good stuff, i just placed my order then. I checked for my tax bonus after, thankfully i got it too! (probably should of checked 1st, oh well)

Will let yas know how it goes

How long did it take for them to send you guys the con note/tracking number?

Latest posts

Back