Purchased A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply whitegoose, I was getting a bit paranoid there for a second cause the lady on the phone told me I would get the e-mail on Thursday, ended up getting it on Friday night so all is good. Should recieve it on Monday as it's already at the local depo about 5 mins from my work :super:

Yay, i got a con note last night, and its on the way.
does anyone have any photos of how it came? is it difficult to assemble?
also, i guess ill have to ring them to arrange a pickup time, rather than a drop off during the day.

Got mine yesterday, haven't opened it yet as it's at work and I still need to get it home (boss is off for a couple of weeks and he's got the ute), mine just came in the box with not really that much padding around it, and strapped to a small pallet.

Yay, i got a con note last night, and its on the way.
does anyone have any photos of how it came? is it difficult to assemble?
also, i guess ill have to ring them to arrange a pickup time, rather than a drop off during the day.

It just comes as a fridge with all the bits and pieces inside the fridge. The instructions are completely useless - I think the wholesaler put different (better) bits together than what was meant to come with the fridge so the instructions are just wrong. I had to "persuade" some parts to fit together, but in the end it all worked out

It just comes as a fridge with all the bits and pieces inside the fridge. The instructions are completely useless - I think the wholesaler put different (better) bits together than what was meant to come with the fridge so the instructions are just wrong. I had to "persuade" some parts to fit together, but in the end it all worked out

The instructions are for a crappy single chrome plated font, but the guy includes a nicer stainless steel dual tap font. It's easy enough to work out in the end. At least you guys didn't have to drill your own holes :)

I still can only tighten the nuts inside the font by hand. Anyone found a spanner that fits in side the font to turn it?

The instructions are for a crappy single chrome plated font, but the guy includes a nicer stainless steel dual tap font. It's easy enough to work out in the end. At least you guys didn't have to drill your own holes :)

I still can only tighten the nuts inside the font by hand. Anyone found a spanner that fits in side the font to turn it?

I used a smallish set of pliers to grip the nut on the inside of the font and then turn the tap on the outside of the font!

I got it today! YAY!
only problem is, i cannot figure out a few things
the long screws to secure the font down dont go in the fridge at all (holes too small)
there are no screws to secure the railing?
i only got 1 coupler
i got no reg.

any hints guys?

I got it today! YAY!
the long screws to secure the font down dont go in the fridge at all (holes too small)
If you mean the reeeeeeally long screws (with a nut on one end) you don't use them at all. I can't remember whether I used any of the screws they gave me to screw on the font I may have used my own, but I do remember the holes in the top of the fridge only just lined up with the holes in the font.
yeah I had to just use some of my own screws... and I had to use a stanley knife to shave some plastic away from the edge of the holes so they lined up properly
i only got 1 coupler
Bummer. I got 2, but I won't ever need them anyway as they can't be used with corny kegs
i got no reg.
That's no good you should definitely have got one. I'd contact the supplier - fro mother posts it seems as though they are quite reasonable.

I was a little disappointed it didn't all magically come together perfectly like an ikea chair, but i got it together and it's well worth it in the end!!

Whats the power consumption on these things? I was considering eventually to pickup a cheapish (but economical) fridge and mounting taps etc to that but these seem pretty good value.

I got it today! YAY!
i only got 1 coupler
i got no reg.

any hints guys?

Definately get back to them regarding the reg. I thought I didn't get the screws for the railing either but ending up find them after I used my own.

Yep, long screws don't have a purpose... like Babe, according to the house cat.
You should have also got 4 screws for the font (small ones).

hmm yeah no small screws,
i ended up drilling holes right through to the interior and using the long screws with some big washers.

I bought one of these the other day from Pinnacle Wholesalers. Great product, let down by a few key points I'd say:

1. No instructions. Well, there are instructions but they're next to useless.
2. The inclusion of bogus red herring parts. Like the extra-long screws that don't serve a purpose.
3. The variation in parts included. Some people have small screws, some don't. Some have regs others don't.
4. The omission of clamps and disconnects, which makes it an incomplete system.
5. The line included. Is that a joke? There's 1 meter of 5/16 keg line. By my calculations, I'd need 16-18m of the stuff to balance a kegerator.

And on that last note, what did you guys do? I have some 5mm line which I wanted to use, but it just won't stretch to go over the end of the barbed fitting for the tap. I can easily get it on the disconnect, but have no way of connecting it to the tap. I was thinking of connecting a few cm of the 5/16 and then using some sort of reduction fitting (if it exists) but can't seem to find one...

Have a look through this thread mate, I've had the same problem - I also started another thread in this forum about how to get a 5mm ID/8mm OD line over an 8mm ID barb. I tried a few things but with no success. I'm waiting for Ross from Craft Brewer to get in a replacement "elbow barb screw bits" (the bit that screws onto the tap with a barb for the beer line) with a 5mm or 6mm barb.

I've considered using a reduction fitting (they do exist - I'm using one on my gas line) but I reckon it will cause too much turbulance and cause frothing as the beer line needs to be smooth as.

Please let me know if you come up with anything!!

Thanks whitegoose. I'll see if the LHBS has anything that can help me. I went there today and they have me a 6mm barb, but it's attached to a full shank, so that doesn't help, because the tap doesn't connect to it. I'll go back and see if they have anything else...

Have a look through this thread mate, I've had the same problem - I also started another thread in this forum about how to get a 5mm ID/8mm OD line over an 8mm ID barb. I tried a few things but with no success. I'm waiting for Ross from Craft Brewer to get in a replacement "elbow barb screw bits" (the bit that screws onto the tap with a barb for the beer line) with a 5mm or 6mm barb.

I've considered using a reduction fitting (they do exist - I'm using one on my gas line) but I reckon it will cause too much turbulance and cause frothing as the beer line needs to be smooth as.

Please let me know if you come up with anything!!

Keep me posted as I ordered one today and will need to get the properly lines in by the sounds of things.

2. The inclusion of bogus red herring parts. Like the extra-long screws that don't serve a purpose.

I used these to attach the font!?!?!? did i do bad????? i had to drill through to the interior and cut the screw length a tad shorter.

I think they were more for attaching the font to a fridge door if... If you drilled through and used them and they work then good work tho. I just used short screws to screw the font into the outer casing using the pre-drilled holes. I don't think it really matters how you attach the font.

5. The line included. Is that a joke? There's 1 meter of 5/16 keg line. By my calculations, I'd need 16-18m of the stuff to balance a kegerator.

And on that last note, what did you guys do? I have some 5mm line which I wanted to use, but it just won't stretch to go over the end of the barbed fitting for the tap. I can easily get it on the disconnect, but have no way of connecting it to the tap. I was thinking of connecting a few cm of the 5/16 and then using some sort of reduction fitting (if it exists) but can't seem to find one...

Dont these things come with a rip-off Celli type tap with flow control? In that case you can use a short length of large OD Beer line and use the control on the tap to balance surely?

I'm pretty sure it does, I had a look at one of my taps and it's got a little dial on the side which looks to me like it's for that purpose. Still haven't set up yet so not 100%

Back