Purchased A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the sort of disconnects I would need?
50db_1.JPG

The eBay item says it is 1 x Ball lock product disconnect and 1 x Ball lock gas disconnect... For 2 kegs do I need 2 of each instead of 1?

Almost, again I'd get john guest ones. They allow you to really easily connect beer / gass line to them, and then disconnect when you want to.

You need a beer and gas disconnect for each keg you want connected at one time. If you only had one beer tap you'd just need one beer disconnect and one or more gas disconnects. To try a different beer you'd have to remove the beer disconnect from the first keg and move to the second.

Personally I recommend if you have 2 taps on the beer font, then get two liquid disconnects. Gas disconnects get as many as the fridge can hold kegs (in this case 3). That way even if a keg isn't connect to the taps, it can still be carbonating while it's sitting there.

Got the exact same one, from the same dealer.

Works fine. It comes with two 50L keg couplers, one CUB and one Tooheys.

It does not come with corny keg disconnects.

If you use a Lancer Pacific or Andale font you'll lose some room and will only be able to fit two 19L kegs and probably not a 50L keg at all.

Here's a pic of mine with both a chrome Lancer Pacific font and a ceramic Andale font. I never did use the supplied font.

View attachment 25632

View attachment 25633

Edit: It took about 2 weeks for delivery to Melbourne.

Looks like a great set up! I wonder where or if you could purchase the fridge on its own as I would like to put it under my bar (which is yet to be built) and plumb it up my self

Dave

+1 for the fridge price by its self... good for cheese :p

I'll be grabbing one of these come tax return time, if not before...

the minister of finance has possibly endorsed my purchase of one of these

Not sure if I want to instead get a small slim chest freezer and go custom...

Anyone know if you can get 3 kegs, and a soda stream bottle in this? Looks like you could

I was hoping to get 3 kegs and one of the smaller kegsonlegs bottles in one...

MB I won't kid ya mate it's tight in there with 3 kegs but do-able. A bit of fridge tetris and you should be fine. Why not have the soda bottle external?

MB I won't kid ya mate it's tight in there with 3 kegs but do-able. A bit of fridge tetris and you should be fine. Why not have the soda bottle external?

It looked like there's a bit of room to the left or right of the back most keg above the compressor hump. I figure if it can fit in there then why not. If it's attached to the back and I want this up against a wall it's gunna sit out a bit. I'd rather it all self contained if you know what I mean.

Thanks mate... guess it's too cold for lagering

Lagering should be done just above freezing point, so 2C or so would be fine.

If you want to ferment at say 12C, just hook up a fridgemate or similar and turn the kegerator's thermo right down..
Cant use your kegs then though :(

So what's the verdict on these?

I'm thinking of using my 'pennies from Kevin' to purchase.

ok, i bought one from ebay, the 'keg king' type around 2 months ago

they are all the same, you can get 3 cornies + the 2.6 kg co2 inside + a few glasses chilled, i have done this no problem

as they only have 2 taps, you will need a gun to dispense the 3rd keg or invest in a 3 tap font, but yes it will fit 3 kegs + 2.6kg bottle

i now have 2 kegs in mine with a 6.8 kg bottle and am as happy as larry

it chills the kegs very quickly, possible because of the internal fan, or maybe coz the bottle is chilled as well ???

i have mine set to 2 degrees but i dont think it gets that low, probably around 4 degrees i'd say

i use the lines that were supplied which were around 2 metres long, and have found that the equilibrium pressure is 80kpa

i usually put a warm ungassed keg in the fridge at 270kpa for 24 hours then dial back to 80kpa and leave it on

good luck with the delivery

Hi Guys,

Good to hear these are popular then. I am so glad I bought it through the wholesaler (not on ebay). I've had a few issues so far.

The screws on top of the cabinet do not fit the stainless steel font. I rang the supplier and he said that they take out the crappy chrime plated single font and replace it with the 2 tap stainless steel font. They know of the issue because of mine and now they have added the required holes to fit (i have to do mine myself unfortunately). Also, they were going to send me the original font for the sake of it... which i won't need but good to have a spare...

Also, the regulator did not fit the co2 bottle i had bought. Again, rang up Greg and he sent out a brand new one (the same but with the correct connection) for free. So now I have two regulators at no extra cost. He also sent out some extra gas line as mine was not with the kit either at no extra charge.

All in all I am very happy. Haven't got it working yet as I still need to buy the gas and beer disconnects as I've been away over Easter. Looks awesome though and couldn't recommend pinnacle wholesalers (www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au) enough.

Regards,
Cam

Latest posts

Back