Priming with spray malt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I brewed me a pilsner and I'm going to use spay malt to prime rather than the 2 tablets for the 750ml bottles. Would it be right in saying I need to use about 1 1/2 teaspoon of spray malt to prime? I'm going to condition in the bottle at about 2 degrees for 6 weeks or so

Two things
1 you should do a bit more reading up on carbonating beer, different beers want different amounts of fizz, different "sugars/malts" produce different amounts of CO2. you need to add the right amount other wise just use the carb drops.
2 If you "condition" at 2oC the beer never will get any fizz, the yeast is the same as what you brewed with and needs the same temperatures to carbonate the beer in the bottles as you fermented at.

DME is a bugger to work with, before you start trying to put it into 30 or more bottles, just try running some through a funnel - then google up bulk priming.
Mark

Memnoch said:
Hey guys, so I brewed me a pilsner and I'm going to use spay malt to prime rather than the 2 tablets for the 750ml bottles. Would it be right in saying I need to use about 1 1/2 teaspoon of spray malt to prime? I'm going to condition in the bottle at about 2 degrees for 6 weeks or so
Dry powdered malt is better for priming...but..

You need for more per given weight than white sugar......the reason is because Malt sugar is only something like 80-90% fermentable

If you want to prime properly then bulk priming is your ONLY answer

Back