Potters Brewery, Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakester

Reaction score
Went to the Hunter Valley on the weekend and visited some wineries and stopped in to Potters Brewery on the way back and was very impressed. Its only a small place, and under renovations but we got to do the tour and of course sampled their beers.
First one i had was the Kolsch that went down very nicely, something i will look into brewing for the typical BBQ session beer when friends come around.
Then i had their award winning Choc Porter that deserves any awards it gets and nothing beats drinking it fresh out of the brewerey. I will see how the bottle i bought will go watching the origin.
All in all, a great place to visit if you head to the Hunter, you can even stay there and drink their range of beers in the adjoining pub. Will definately be back with friends later in the year.
Oh and thanks to Anthony for the tour and the IPA that will be going down sometime soon. Cheers.

Its a nice little spot all right, I've done the brew tour twice now, once when I was new and green and had NFI whatwas going on and again when I'd been brewing and experimenting for a while and could ask a million questions. The best part is, you can pretty much keep chatting all arvo and "sampling " beers as you chat. ;)

If there was a 'Best all round Brewer Bloke and Chickies' Award Keith and the team would win that as well ...

Yeah i know what you mean, i could have stood around and had tastings and chatted all afternoon. They seem like a friendly bunch who brew damn good beer! Keith was not there on satuday arvo but i'm sure he is a good bloke. And yes, having a nice female brewer does add to a good brewery. Just wish my wife would share the same passion!!

Latest posts

Back