Portable Keg Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangaz

Reaction score
This is my new portable keg setup. Before I just used a styrofoam box with the pluto gun but inbetween servings the line would get warm and foam up on serving.

P1010676.jpg

P1010677.jpg

Just needs some handles and a hole for the gas line but I think this should do the job much better :icon_cheers:

A noval idea Can.... you should post this in the Ghetto thread as well.
Good Job.

Appears to be held together by glad wrap. :kooi:
I also vote for it to go in the ghetto thread LINK. It's not an insult, it is about celebrating tight arse ingenuity and creativity

No offense taken. I pride myself on my expediant and cheap but effective equipment. And no, its not held together by glad wrap, its just there to protect the foam. I dug deep and bought a bottle of PVA to hold it all together lol. Total cost minus the tap was under $10 so I think I did alright. Had a mate working in removals so got a whole lot of MDF and foam sheets for free.

No offense taken. I pride myself on my expediant and cheap but effective equipment. And no, its not held together by glad wrap, its just there to protect the foam. I dug deep and bought a bottle of PVA to hold it all together lol. Total cost minus the tap was under $10 so I think I did alright. Had a mate working in removals so got a whole lot of MDF and foam sheets for free.

Good idea, Simple and effective.

Are you filling it with ice? I think MDF will expand just like particle board if it gets wet.

Cheers,

Clint

Mix some leftover PVA glue with water and paint the MDF, it will sorta seal it from water

Mix some leftover PVA glue with water and paint the MDF, it will sorta seal it from water
Or put a large garbage bag inside the thing, then the keg and some ice !
Should work a treat and hopefully keep the MDF dry.

garyd

MDF does not like water at all. Generally dont need ice as the kegs are usually in a few hours but in the event that I need the ice, I do as justsomeguy said and put a bin liner in.

Back