Port Lincoln Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clinthem26

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just started extract homebrewing and thought it would be good to join the AHB club,

wondering if there are any members that live around the Eyre peninsula.

would be good to catch up and exchange ideas.

cheers,

Clint

You have Dicko right there in Pt. Lincoln, a great brewer. Send him a PM.

Batz

I'm up in the hills. The guys in town would be easier to get together with, but I'm happy to help where I can.
I sort of dabbled with extract for 2 brews about 5 years back, got sidetracked with building a home, then recently jumped into BIAB.
After seeing a mate do a BIAB and realising how easy it can be (or complicated if you want), I buried my head into this forum, Brew Strong, Beersmith, & Basic Brewing podcasts, and read a few books.
Happy to loan you a book or 2 if that would help?

Welcome aboard

Just saw your PM Clint and have replied.
@ Dan2 I didn't know you are on the EP. Spog, a guy on this forum is a Biab'er and he lives nearby.
We should organise a meet up for a chat or better still a beer:)
Cheers

dicko said:
Just saw your PM Clint and have replied.
@ Dan2 I didn't know you are on the EP. Spog, a guy on this forum is a Biab'er and he lives nearby.
We should organise a meet up for a chat or better still a beer:)
Cheers
Sounds good.
I've got a mate in town that lurks here. He's the one who introduced me to the forum and BIAB. I can easily waste a few hours dribbling tech talk with him - the girls love it. I can tell by the way they roll their eyes and tune out :lol:
It'd be great to throw a few more opinions in the mix and see some different brew rigs.
The OP might get a kick out of joining in on a brew day too.

I learnt more from brew days than book reading when I started out, unfortunately I had to travel to Adelaide to attend any of those days.
I met a great bunch of blokes and sampled some very good beers. Most of those guys don't go on the forums any more....sad the loss.

If I hear back from Clint I'll see if he is interested in a brew day and we will take it from there, in any case we should all meet up as we may be able to support each other rather than going it alone.

Cheers

im an ex port lincolner.. born there.. and schooled in tumby. good to see locals organising catch ups. ive just done a brew day with another member from here/coopers forum. was a very educational day. learnt so much!

If anyone in the Port Lincoln area or in fact the Eyre peninsula in general is interested for a get together/meet up/ drink a beer or two, just give me a PM and we will get something organised..

Cheers

Hey guys,

Great to see there is a few Homebrewers in port lincoln.

Hopefully we can catch up for a beer and a chat sometime soon.

Dicko i have sent you a PM.

cheers,

Clint

Dell said:
im an ex port lincolner.. born there.. and schooled in tumby. good to see locals organising catch ups. ive just done a brew day with another member from here/coopers forum. was a very educational day. learnt so much!

Tumby hey, you go to Streaky then?

Batz

Got you PM Clint and have left a message on your phone,

Cheers

Just to add to this topic we organised a social meeting between 5 brewers including me to sit in the Lincoln and "chew the fat" about beer and brewing while we had a few beers last Saturday and then we had an impromptu brew day at my place on Sunday...again with a few beers and more brew talk.
A great bunch of blokes and all into brewing at different levels.
We hope to continue with get togethers and with helping each other where possible and of course..sharing a few beers :lol:

Cheers

dicko said:
We hope to continue with get togethers and with helping each other where possible and of course..sharing a few beers
So long as they're your beers Dicko, I'm happy to share them :D

Thanks again for your hospitality. I hope to return the favour once I iron out a few bugs with the brew rig.

My pleasure Dan2.....If you need a hand you know where I am.

Cheers

just found your post,welcome aboard. ...cheers..spog...

Thanks for a great couple of days Dicko,

was good to share information and have a taste of some excellent homebrew.

After seeing the BM in action I am trying to work out how to sneak one in the man cave without the missus noticing. ;)

will keep you posted.

Hi, Im another P/L brewer although very inexperienced. any support locally would be excellent

Grant

Ex Lincolnite here - born and bred. Live in the big smoke now but still get back with both my wife and I having our parents there. So many Lincoln brewers...good one!

speakeasy said:
Hi, Im another P/L brewer although very inexperienced. any support locally would be excellent

Grant
Hi speakeasy,

I'll send you a PM with some details.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back