Poppets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwisteveo

Reaction score
anyone know where to buy replacement poppets for my gas in posts as had a slow leak in three of them, not that bad when i've got 8 kegs from craftbrewer and stupid me assumed they were cornelius style poppets and @ $3 bucks a pop i thought fark it why not add them onto my order from farmhouse brewing in usa but shit fark when they turned up they don't fit in my gas in posts which after a bit of research turns out they look like they are Spartanburg or Firestone Challenger V, VI, and Super Challenger. and all i see on the craftbrewer,G&G sites are cornelius style poppets and i,ve got 3 beers fermenting/finishing waiting to be kegged,Help!!!!! or do i just have to buy cornelius style gas in posts and i'm running out of beer(well about a week left) :eek:

anyone know where to buy replacement poppets for my gas in posts as had a slow leak in three of them, not that bad when i've got 8 kegs from craftbrewer and stupid me assumed they were cornelius style poppets and @ $3 bucks a pop i thought fark it why not add them onto my order from farmhouse brewing in usa but shit fark when they turned up they don't fit in my gas in posts which after a bit of research turns out they look like they are Spartanburg or Firestone Challenger V, VI, and Super Challenger. and all i see on the craftbrewer,G&G sites are cornelius style poppets and i,ve got 3 beers fermenting/finishing waiting to be kegged,Help!!!!! or do i just have to buy cornelius style gas in posts and i'm running out of beer(well about a week left) :eek:

I just rebuilt my kegs / poppets seals etc with these:
http://www.mybeershop.com.au/index.php?mai...products_id=150

as the poppets.
(got them in a seal kit sent with 2x kegs bought from same mob).

I have a spartanburg / Challenger kegs. Actually a mixed bag. Those generic ones fit both types i overhauled.

Cheers,
D80

I had trouble with one post slowly leaking even with a new poppet. get some lube and give it a very light coat and it might do the trick. I now use it on all seals when I clean my kegs. no problems since I started doing that.

Latest posts

Back