Poly Carb Tube Here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Reaction score
I got me a length of poly carb tube today and have 2 metres up for sale. Suitable for 1/2" BSP fittings.
$22 for the 2m or $11 for a 1m or will cut 300mm length for $4.
I put an elbow on my kettle with a compression fittng to hold the tube in tight.
Looks great.

Im in Perth so if you are interested give us a PM.

I got me a length of poly carb tube today and have 2 metres up for sale. Suitable for 1/2" BSP fittings.
$22 for the 2m or $11 for a 1m or will cut 300mm length for $4.
I put an elbow on my kettle with a compression fittng to hold the tube in tight.
Looks great.

Im in Perth so if you are interested give us a PM.

Can you show us your install & tell us what fittings you got. I was looking at getting this from G&G but it's a bit expensive. Will be welding a 1/2" BSP socket into a tall keg.

Sight Glass Adapter

Sight Glass

Crusty

Can you show us your install & tell us what fittings you got. I was looking at getting this from G&G but it's a bit expensive. Will be welding a 1/2" BSP socket into a tall keg.

Sight Glass Adapter

Sight Glass

Crusty
IMG_2941.JPG

This is a picture from another post I copied.

ms_70.jpg

One of these is what you want. Weld on your threaded piece to your keg and screw one of these on to that.
I would personly go weldless so your sight glass is closer to your vessel and not sticking out so far waiting to be knocked off.

View attachment 40205

One of these is what you want. Weld on your threaded piece to your keg and screw one of these on to that.
I would personly go weldless so your sight glass is closer to your vessel and not sticking out so far waiting to be knocked off.

Thanks mate,
If I welded a 1/2" socket into my keg, then screwed the male 1/2" BSP male elbow compression fitting into that, how do you keep the top of the sight glass stationary?
I am welding sockets in so if anything needs to change, all I have to do is unscrew the item in question & replace or change etc.

Thanks mate,
If I welded a 1/2" socket into my keg, then screwed the male 1/2" BSP male elbow compression fitting into that, how do you keep the top of the sight glass stationary?
I am welding sockets in so if anything needs to change, all I have to do is unscrew the item in question & replace or change etc.
You could always repeat what you did at the base at the top.

My tube sits very close to my vessel so I don't need to fix it at the top.
It is not likely to get knocked around causing damage.
post_8033_1280044609_thumb.jpg
Another picture used from another post not my tun.

I am probably going to install a simple stainless eye bolt at the top of the keg to keep the sight tube from going anywhere.

Eye Bolt

Raced down to my local stainless shop this arvo & grabbed a 1/2" compression T, male thread & stopped by Scientrific lab supplies & he gave me a 60cm length of 1/2" Polycarb tubing. Just gotta get a few more parts together & I can get all these sockets welded on & begin putting it all together.

Crusty

Back