Poll: What Keeps You In Your Day Job ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What stops you making brewing your vocation ?

• I see it as a hobby, not a vocation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't pay enough

• Brewing/beer is my dayjob (explain)

• I plan to make it my dayjob soon/soonish (explain)

• Haven't worked out my niche market strategy yet

• The bank didn't like my business plan (explain)

• Other (explain)

• Total voters
just a hobby for me. plus, there are so many good breweries out there already that my help. the way i see it, the more good beer i drink, the more good breweries stay open! its tough sometimes, but i feel its a worthy cause.
joe

i plan to be a brewer soon.

im studying brewing at ballarat uni and plan to go to the states for a year or so to work and play.

then coming back to start brewing at an already established micro,

eventually i would like to open my own micro, or go partners with some friends of mine that want to open a restaurant/bar.

Brewing is a job, a pretty good job. Great creative outlet. I would like to have my own brewery but for now I will happily let others pay the bills.
Cheers
Gerard

It's my day job, I manage the brewing operations at Grumpy's Brewhaus Verdun SA.

tdh

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Still a hobby but bordering on the obssesive ;)

Would love to do it as a day job but finding backers to stump up the money is hard.
Reckon to make money from brewing you would need top quality restaurant incorporated with a micro-brewery. I think about IT a lot.

C&B
TDA
Even though I voted hobby I reckon that would be the best idea. A Microbrewery in a restaurant.

What about if you found a backer?
Would you go ahead and do it? I know I probably would even thogh I'm new to brewing. How much $$ would you need?

way too many dollars johnno.at least being way small you can still be relatively creative and vary your range of great beers.once you get a fav amongst clients it will be there for along time as it helps pay the bills.and keeps em coming back.

cheers
big d

Back